3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$121
eDreamsUS$121
Agoda.comUS$121
TripadvisorUS$121
Hotels.com
1,634 results
All reviews kenmare bay leisure centre kids club superior room wedding reception wedding venue town centre underfloor heating family break ring of kerry family room top class self catering a lovely stay alan homes playroom
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 March 2022

Did an overnight in the Kenmare bay hotel last Friday, haven’t stayed there before. Checked the reviews before we booked it and they were pretty much on the ball.
Some negatives, common areas in accommodation are a little run down, carpets need cleaning or maybe replacement. Bedroom size was good but the layout was bad. Our double bed was 8 inches from a wall with a locker on one side only, the second locker was reserved for the single bed which had ample room on both sides. Maybe there was a hint there but the wife was adamant she booked an equal opportunities double. So I had to shimmy down the side of the bed with my rear trying to open the curtains behind me or crawl across the bed he-man like to get in and out. The strange layout meant I had no beside light, nowhere to leave a glass of water or anything else. The bed was very comfortable, pillows too soft for me though, a recurring issue lately. The bathroom had great water pressure and loads of hot water so no complaints there. There was a dire need for extra lighting, not enough to read by anywhere in the room or the bathroom. Every staff member we met was genuinely warm and friendly and the breakfast was ample and nicely presented. Some inconsistencies in serving gin and tonics, the drink looked radically different depending on who brought it, but that’s an observation rather than a complaint. We would stay there again, just not in the same room and it might be time for me to start bringing a firm pillow with me…

Room tip: Ask for a room with plrenty of light and make sure the double bed has lockers on both sides.
Date of stay: March 2022
Reviewed 3 March 2022

We’ll we’re do we even start their was so many points to our amazing day. First of all Alan went over and above for us from the moment we first went to view the hotel up to the wedding day. Alan was a pleasure to deal with along with all the other staff and management in the hotel were all so welcoming. The wedding day itself was a dream come through the Christmas decorations were complimented by all our guest and were amazing for all our pictures. The food and service was 5 star. I would 100% recommend this hotel for a wedding venue and with plenty accomadtion rooms, house and the lodges our guests were spoiled for choice. Thank you soo much for making our special dream wedding become a reality.
Eileen & Gene ❤️❤️

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2022

Stayed 1 Saturday night in January 2022 with my wife & 3 children (ages 7,9,10). Booked on the day and we got 2 adjoining rooms. We arrived at 3pm, and spent 2 hours in the pool til 6pm. My wife & I took turns in the pool with the kids, while the other parent went to the steam room, sauna and jacuzzi that are adjoining the pool and can look into & be seen from the pool (great for safety / peace of mind). Had evening meal at bar. Excellent chowder for me, fish for my wife and the kids went for the spaghetti bolognese. We all slept extremely soundly due to the kids being worn out from the pool.

Breakfast next morning was a fry buffet with kids also enjoying made-to-order pancakes, followed by another 2 hours in the pool before we checked out. No problem with 1pm check out.

We then visited Kenmare pier, and the historic stone circle, did some clothes shopping and ate in the coachman's restaurant in Kenmare (also excellent).

A truely excellent experience. We live in North Kerry, about 75km from Kenmare. On the way home we drove via Moll's gap to Killarney. Spectacular views. Probably the best in Ireland.

Hats off to all of the staff in the Kenmare Bay hotel. They were all friendly and helpful. We were between two minds to go at all for just 1 night but even though our stay in Kenmare was only 24 hours, it was a very uplifting experience for the whole family. Thanks and we will be back again soon to try out staying in one of the family houses that are part of the hotel complex.

Date of stay: January 2022
Reviewed 28 December 2021 via mobile

Almost booked €89/ night room back over 6 weeks ago. When I revisited the following day with CC all booked up on booking.com.. my fault . I rang hotel itself & then informed that spa& hotel itself be closed after Xmas. ( Untrue- misinformation) called today on 28/12/22 enroute looking best price for 2 nights. Now rooms free after Omicron scare & available but rooms now 179/night.. no budging...(after waiting on hold for 6 minutes ) informed I was incorrect which I explained I had family staying the cheaper standard price... welcome to Kenmare

Your taking the . Up the price for weddings in town then leave rooms empty... Your welcome to the review. C

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank whosback72
Reviewed 10 December 2021

The standard hotel room we stayed in was lovely, very clean and comfortable and up to date. Excellent food and very polite staff. I would definitely stay here again. Great area also as Kenmare is a lovely town.

Date of stay: June 2021