Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,388 results
All reviews beautiful hotel horse riding main restaurant star hotel spa treatments ring of kerry beautiful room top class relaxing stay leisure centre three nights smoked salmon kenmare bay cascade falconry ireland library
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 November 2021

Just back from a wonderful weekend break at this stunning hotel. Can’t say enough about the magical location and attentive staff. We dined in the restaurant and our meal was absolutely delicious, the breakfast next morning wonderful. Felt very save with COVID regulations in place and followed throughout the hotel. Can’t wait to return, worth every penny.

Date of stay: November 2021
Daniel Dalton, Guest Services / Front Office at Sheen Falls Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2021

Dear joeeN9722ZQ,

Thank you most sincerely for sharing your experience with us at Sheen Falls Lodge. It will bring me great joy to share your wonderful review with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Daniel Dalton
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 14 November 2021 via mobile

This was our first time at this hotel, The staff were all very helpful, polite and very welcoming.
But the experience was very disappointing, I certainly wouldn’t give it a 5 star rating. Waited for someone to help with luggage, then luggage left on lobby floor with my hanging clothes strewn across the bags, eventually put onto a 2 wheel trolley (like one used to transport beer keg’s) again my hanging items left across the bags as nowhere to hang on trolley.
Room door handle lose/falling off, toilet flush handle also falling off, carpet badly stained throughout the bedroom. The room was overall clean, although hairs in the bedding & bath. No separate shower and bath, I don’t particularly like a shower over the bath.
In the bar we ordered 2 pinacoladas, bartender only mixed one, then filled 2 regular glasses with ice to try to fill the glasses, poured liquid into glasses, only 3/4 full, so he added more ice then juice to fill the glasses at a cost of €33. Dinner was only average, nothing spectacular. I used my cutlery for amuse bouche because I couldn’t understand what the waitress said it was, when she returned she asked me to keep my cutlery for my starter. A significant number of the staff wore their masks under their noses, it was as if the masks were all to big, in fact our waitress had hers under her nose the entire time we were in the dining room. There were no hand sanitizer at any tables, and the bartender cleaned down the tables with a damp cloth, but never used any antibacterial spray of any sort for the duration we were in the bar. The lobby had 2 very shabby sofas, they looked very worn and didn’t match the armchairs. The pool & hot tub water was too cold to stay in the water for more than a few minutes. Overall my opinion, the setting is beautiful, staff very nice, but the hotel is not deserving of 5 star rating, everything overpriced!

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank flok736

Dear flok736,

First and foremost our sincere thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and am heartened to hear that you were well taken care of by our team members.

I am terribly sorry to learn of the maintenance concerns you experienced with us, the repair of these were addressed the moment this was brought to our attention.

At Sheen Falls Lodge the safety and well-being of our guests have always been of paramount importance to us. We have consolidated our availability of hand sanitizers to include more touch points in the guest experience. Similarly we have facilitated heightened training for our team members to ensure masks are being worn correctly at all times and team members are rigorously using the correct cleaning materials, we take this feedback very seriously and it has been shared with those concerned.

I lament to learn of your experience whilst enjoying drinks at our Sheen Bar, we always strive for our guests to find absolute value in these experiences and am disappointed to find that this was not the case on this instance. I would like to arrange for the refund of the drinks you had as our way of apologising for the concerns raised. Please do feel welcome to contact me on daniel.dalton@sheenfallslodge.ie and will be glad to assist.

Furthermore, while we regret to learn of the challenges you faced in your stay with us we do take all points very much on board and would wish to reassure you that all action is being taken to improve on the points raised.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we do truly hope to welcome you back again to Sheen Falls Lodge again very soon.

Daniel Dalton
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 25 October 2021

We have just returned from a three night stay in Sheen Falls Lodge and wow, what an experience! From the moment we arrived we were impressed with the great service and the pleasant staff. The welcome drink is such a nice touch. Our room was beautiful and had everything you could possibly need for a truly comfortable stay.
We dined in the Sheen Lounge on our first night and had a very enjoyable meal. We dined in the Falls Restaurant for my husband's birthday on our second night and had one of the nicest meals we have even eaten in any hotel!! I was most impressed with my gluten free meal and didn't feel I missed out in any way. The passion fruit soufflé is out of this world!! We received excellent service from our server Julie and from the restaurant manager Jack.
We were delighted to return to the Falls Restaurant for our third night and had great service from Adrian. Once again, our meal was fantastic and the falls gave us an incredible spectacular display after all the rain!
I have to give a special mention to the extremely talented and friendly pianist who played on both nights we were in the Falls Restaurant. He played such a beautiful selection of music and this added hugely to the ambience and the overall enjoyment of our time there.
Breakfasts were also really good. It was really nice to be given a gluten free croissant, but if I could suggest one little improvement, it would be the gluten free bread. This small touch could make a world of a difference for those gluten free guests like me.
Thanks to all of you at the hotel for making our experience an unforgettable one and well done on making us feel safe during these Covid times. We would love to return at some stage in the future.

Reviewed 20 October 2021

Enjoyed a one night stay at Sheen Falls Lodge during a family visit to Ireland. Our stay was entirely enjoyable--the staff were very friendly & attentive, our room was terrific--large, clean, comfortable (great bed) & a lovely view of the harbor. The Falls restaurant was closed the evening we stayed, but we had an exquisite dinner at the bistro (beet salad, sole & creme brûlée) along with a beautiful wine--all divine-was the best meal we had during our whole stay in Ireland. We took some really nice walks including following the falls through the woods. We'll look forward to coming back!

Room tip: Rooms on the harbor side are very quiet.
1  Thank sillygit
Reviewed 17 October 2021 via mobile

Hotel is beautiful & in a fabulous location. The staff were all very friendly, especially Petar(I think I have the correct name) and the man working at reception! The pool staff were also very accommodating when we had to reschedule our prebooked time. Wonderful hotel - would happily return!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple