1,138 results
All reviews clay pigeon shooting horseback riding beautiful hotel star hotel spa treatments main restaurant overlooking the bay ring of kerry grounds are beautiful steam room leisure centre top class beautiful room relaxing stay smoked salmon kenmare town falcon
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this lovely hotel for 3 nights. Stayed in a small suite overlooking the falls.

Rooms were smallish but comfortable & functional.

Staff lovely. Bar fab, ate in the restaurant which was very good, as was the sommelier.

Our only complaint is its not easy to get in & out of kenmare for eve drinks. Think an after hours driver (happy to pay him) should be provided.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Robbie O, Manager at Sheen Falls Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2018

Dear Jackie186300,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheen Falls Lodge recently, and for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. We do not provide a shuttle for guests but we will always organize a taxi to get in and out of town on request. Our staff work very hard to be warm and welcoming and look after our guests while in the hotel, and I'm happy to see you experienced this while with us.

Robbie O'Donoghue

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights at the weekend
Our lovely room overlooked the estuary.
Supper club on Friday night was brilliant
Met some lovely people , had great food & lovely wine. This is a great idea.
The massages were excellent
Service was excellent
Couldn’t fault a thing

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Dgosul,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheen Falls Lodge recently, and for taking the time to rite your review. It is lovely to see you were able to enjoy the various departments within the hotel and even got to experience one of our monthly supper clubs. The supper clubs are a great dining event with different themes every month and they always provide great experiences for those who dine.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

We booked three nights here on our Irish grand tour and left a day early.

From the website it looks as though Sheen Falls is a charming country lodge, but it's a sprawling resort. Inside the hallways it's reminiscent of a convention hotel. To get to our room required a loooong walk down corridors lined with empty room service trays.

The lobby and restaurants are decorated in early 80's country club style, right down to the dark green carpeting in need of a vacuum.

It's been discovered by families with young children. A few of our meals were accented by crying babies and kids running through the lobby. So if you have young children, you won't be alone.

The Sheen Falls Suite was actually quite lovely. The only weird thing is that in Ireland they don't allow plugs in the bathrooms to dry your hair. Every other hotel we stayed in Ireland had a little table with a mirror so you can see what you're doing. Not here. I dried my hair looking at a book case. Luckily, it's Ireland and with the rainy, windy weather they're used to bad hair days.

The real issue we had was with the service. It ranged from unfriendly (front desk) to down right rude (waiter in the dining room) to sloppy (housekeeping didn't visit our room until 4) to ineffective (we waited twenty minutes for our car before realizing no one had actually told the valet.)

Service at dinner was so bad I starting looking for hidden cameras thinking it may be some kind of Irish candid camera reality show. No joke.

If I were to plan our trip knowing what I know now and wanted to explore this area of the country, instead of staying at Sheen Falls, I would stay at the Hotel Europe outside of Killarney for a night. We went there for lunch and the view was lovely and the service warm and friendly. Then I would go to Dingle for two nights and stay at either the Heaton House or Pax Guesthouse.

Our last night we had a lovely dinner in town at Number 35, and came back to the bar for a nightcap. There is a delightful Irish bartender who was kind enough to explain some of the intricacies of Irish whiskeys. Whew, I thought, finally someone who should be in the hospitality business. A waiter came in from the restaurant and gave him a dirty look like he was slacking off and the delightful conversation abruptly stopped. I looked at my husband and whispered, "This is where fun goes to die."

PS: During our grand tour we stayed a several properties that I would absolutely recommend: Ballyfin Desmense, Ashford Castle, Perryville House in Kinsale, The G Hotel in Galway, Westbury Hotel In Dublin and the Grand Hibernian Train. I've reviewed them all here.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank LisaKnoxville

Dear LisaKnoxville,

I am very sorry that your experience in our hotel was not up to the standard we usually uphold.

We always encourage our team to be warm and welcoming towards our guests and also to be engaging. I can assure you that our team were not intentionally being rude or unfriendly towards you, even though I understand this is how you felt while they were assisting you.

We have an diverse team with different nationalities and we appreciate that from different cultures, attitudes can be interpreted differently. And I feel this is what happened with your experience. We have spoken directly with the team members concerned to ensure this will not happen again.

I am disappointed we were not informed of the problems you experienced with our service before you decided to check out early. If we would have known, we would have done our utmost to make sure you were satisfied with the remainder of your stay.

We would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future to prove to you that the service you experienced is not how we usually serve our guests.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

The Lodge definitely feels more like a Lodge. The inside of the hotel is nice but feels a bit dated. The location right next to the falls is fantastic. The staff was very helpful giving us car rides down into and back from town on a calls notice.

We didn't take in many of the hotel activities so I can't comment on the fishing or the horseback riding but it was nice to have all the options.

The morning breakfast was a bit slow and the in room dining menu is fairly limited but the food quality was good.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Robbie O, Manager at Sheen Falls Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear Philsp68,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheen Falls Lodge recently, and for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us. I am sorry to see your breakfast service was a bit slow, we do advise our guests to come before 9.30 as from 9.30 - 10.00 is usually the busy period so perhaps you arrived during this time. It is nice to see you found the quality of food high. Perhaps on your next visit you will be able to partake in some of the on-site activities we have, they can make your stay all the more special.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Attended a wedding here with family and relatives; some of whom travelled long distances.
The hotel and location were second to none.
From the moment we arrived at the hotel until we departed we found the staff friendly, polite and attentive ; they looked after our every need.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay with the Sheen Falls team, who ensured our celebrations went seamlessly
Thank you to all at Sheen Falls Lodge
Kathleen

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Kathleen M,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheen Falls lodge, ad for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very lucky to have a very warm and welcoming team here at the hotel, and I'm happy to see this showed with your experience.