Review Highlights
Safe, enjoyable ride with wonderful guides

We are a group of six riders with a great deal of experience. We had a wonderful time at Blackwater... read more

Reviewed 6 July 2018
Sarah M
Greenfield, Massachusetts, United States
Amazing!

An absolutely amazing experience. We booked a late same day ride and they were extremely... read more

Reviewed 28 May 2018
Caresse O
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Kenmare
from US$80.70
More Info
All reviews hour trek beautiful horses trot and canter the owner megan riders rode helmets woods safety kerry
Reviewed 23 August 2015

My husband and I went riding at Blackwater Stables in August and we are sure glad we did! Our guide was a youthful, but very adept rider (Megan, which also happens to be my name). She was very easy to talk to and the horses were equally easygoing. As an American, I didn't know about Irish cobs, so for all you other Yankees, they are robust horses with longer fur around their hooves and while I can't speak for them all - these ones were very gentle!

We went for the 1 hour trip. The price is very reasonable, and the horses are well cared for. Unlike other tours which ride on busy, curvy roads, this one is off road most the way and the bit of road that you're on is straight, and not busy. I never felt scared at any point in the tour. To be honest, if I'd been by myself, I would have gone back another day and done another tour again.

Date of experience: August 2015
2  Thank Megan F
Reviewed 16 July 2015

We are a family of 4 with a 9 & 8 year old, we rang in the morning and got a one hour slot in the afternoon for trekking. All horses seemed perfectly suited to each of us, Anne and two assistants took us out for a wonderful trek in the sunny Kerry countryside, she even remembered to stop and line us up for a family pic. Great Service, would highly recommend.

Date of experience: July 2015
5  Thank sq7198
Reviewed 18 June 2015 via mobile

I'm a horse trainer and jumper back in the states so going on horse tours for me can be so hit or miss. This tour was a ten!! Anne was an amazing guide, the scenery was epic, horses well trained but certainly not boring. My boyfriend and I did a two hour tour, through Forrest and into the sea and back. He is a beginner rider and he had so much fun! We got to trot, he got a bit of instruction and this may have been the most memorable day of the entire Ireland trip. Playing in the sea with horses was so beautiful for me and I loved my mare Jody. This is a must do... Better then driving, better then sitting in a pub and your heart will swell as you leave the stable!!!

Date of experience: June 2015
5  Thank Ravingypsy
Reviewed 28 May 2015 via mobile

Blackwater Stables caters for anything from kids Summer camps to Trekking to Training horses. Everyone is catered for and Anna has horses to suit all riders whether you are a begginer or a more acomplished rider.
She has the most amazing 2 hr hack through Dromore woods which I enjoyed so much.
She is also an excellent teacher and top class for training young horses. She has taught me and trained some of my youngsters. There is aways a feel of relaxation at Blackwater Stables.
Overall a 5 * establishment.

Date of experience: May 2015
3  Thank MM1Kenmare
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Nice trek and great staff .We booked in a trek for a hen party didn't have any camera with us and staff took some photos for us which was fantastic. Enjoyed the 1hr trek and would recommend

Date of experience: June 2014