All reviews assault course stag party pony trekking great weekend kenmare town anita coasteering bog archery orienteering assos accommodation blackwater hilarity kerry bonding craic
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I along with a youth group I work with participated in two unbelievable fun packed days in the Eclipse Center. The group was a mixture of both male and female and equally enjoyed all the activities undertaken. We engaged in activities such as bog running, assault course and horse riding on day one followed by gorge walking in the black water river on day 2 which consisted of jumping from various heights into the river and battling against falling rapids whilst wearing all the necessary safety equipment.!! The experience was thrilling throughout and at all times safety was ensured. I would highly recommend anyone reading this review to go and experience the fun, adventure and adrenalin rush that is sure to be got from a day at the Eclipse Center. You don't have to travel all around world for such an amazing experience its here in Kerry which I found hard to believe. I would rate this experience as highly as my experience snorkeling in Australia and it was only a 40 minute drive away!!!

I would like to thank the Staff at the center for their enthusiasm, energy and encouragement throughout the two days as I believe was a major contributing factor to the amazing experience we all had. Athos, Ripley & Andy could not be more friendly and ensured we got the most out of our time in the center. We will definitely be returning however next time we will be sure to avail of the high spec accommodation on site during our next visit.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2013

What an amazing experience we had over 2 days at the Eclipse center. I'm from Kerry and have traveled all over seeking adventure getaways but never have i experienced anything like this. From the range of activities to how the staff ran the facilities and catered for our group was just outstanding. we had team building, horse riding bog running and the assault course on the first day which had me laughing all day long. On day two it was down to blackwater bridge where we were kitted out in safety gear and wet suits and had the most amazing Adrenalin rushes as we battled against the gravity of the water and jumped up to 10 meters off rocks into pools below us. I can not wait to go back and this time stay over in the fantastic accommodation they have to offer.

Thanks again guys
Peig KDYS

Date of stay: August 2013
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

Just back from one week at eclipse. Beautiful scenery, friendly people, comfortable cottage and a pub 1 mile up the road! Athos was very welcoming and helpful. Planning to return next year, with extended family!

Date of stay: July 2013
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed in Kenmare over the easter holidays but each day travelled to the Eclipse Centre with our 2 daughters, aged 9 and 7. They attended the Easter kids camp the week after Easter and loved every second of it. The camp ran from 10-4 with lunch included. The morning concentrated on pony riding which they absolutely loved . They were helped by the great team of john , the stable manager and Chloe and JoJo. They were all so helpful and enthusiastic. The afternoon involved orienteering and exploring the beautiful surrounding countryside. The kids absolutely loved it and they were getting great exercise. We had given the children the option of doing other things on various days but they were insistent on attending the camp. When asked what would you give it out of 10 my dauhger replied 100!
They came home each day covered in mud so be prepared but they had the best time. Special mention has to go to Athos and Anita for their enthusiasm in setting out all the actvities for the kids and then helping them during those activities. They run a fantastic camp and we will most certainly be returning in the Summer and many times after that.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank gerardm765
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Stayed here over the Easter Bank Holiday weekend with my wife, and two kids, 4 and 2. The house we booked was very nice, modern and clean. I didn't realise when I booked it that it would be 17KM though from Kenmare - when you see Kenmare included in the address, you would kind of expect it to be closer. On the plus side my little girl loved her pony ride, we probably would have done a little more but it was just so cold. Ended up driving to Killarney for Day 2 instead. Would I recommend it - absolutely for groups of friends that want to do a lot of activities, for Families of young children, not so much.

Date of stay: April 2013