All reviews assault course stag party pony trekking great weekend kenmare town anita coasteering bog archery orienteering assos accommodation blackwater hilarity kerry bonding craic
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We went with our two boys aged 7 and 10.The owners could not have been nicer we had such a laugh. Our trip consisted of an Archery lesson for all of us, orienteering suitable for the children and the assault course. It was a really great adventure centre beautiful setting and really nice people.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Christine F
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We stayed here for a long wend with 2 x adults, 2 x kids (12, 7, & 3). The holiday home was well equipped, 3 bed, but loads of beds (bunks & dbl). The staff are friendly and very encouraging during activities. Our activity day was well planned at an easy pace for our group, but challenging, team worthy and very enjoyable (loads of mud, bring old clothes!). A great centre. Pub, shop, petrol, and post office combined just down the road. Locals friendly.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank DublinFreespirit
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Spent a thoroughly enjoyable few days at Eclipse.
The first night of arrival was spent settling in to good quality environs- very comfortable new bunk-beds in 3 bed rooms, shower and toilet upstairs, very large equipped kitchen and comfortable sitting room (3 couches) with satellite tv.
Next day was Brains and Brawn activity = good fun as we were split into 2 teams pitted against each other. We also got a walk through of the assault course for the next day. The views around the centre were breath-taking. Afterwards we went pony-trekking ; experience of the group was from minimal to very good so it was around a circuit of the land surrounding the centre. We were assigned different ponies depending on ability.
That night Athos organised a group taxi into Kenmare which was very reasonableat €5 a head.
Orienteering and the assault course the next day were great fun. A stag group were in competition to us but we thought we won !
The sauna, steam room and jacuzzi were just the job after to ease out the aches and pains.
Overall, I thought that the value for money,location and quality was fantastic and would return again.
Suitable for groups and families no bother

Date of stay: March 2012
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I spent yesterday afternoon with a group of friends at Eclipse Ireland, what fun was had.. Athos, the owner, couldn't be more helpful and must be one of the most patient men I've ever met. We set off first on an orienteering course - 2 teams pitched against one another and the competition began (we won!!). Then off to do the assault course which brought to light teamwork, leadership and encouragement for all to try their best at the challenges that lay ahead. I don't think I've laughed as much in a long time, even when I landed in a big pile of mud. The centre caters for all ages and is highly recommendable, set in a beautiful part of Kerry. Thanks for a super day. One tip because of our climate here, would be to bring your waterproofs, to allow for maximum fun... Enjoy.

Date of stay: January 2012
1  Thank dee_bantry
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Hey Athos,
I hope you and your family are keeping well! I am just dropping you a quick email to thank you for last weekend, we had a really really great time!! The lads loved the competitive side of the tasks and the assault course was pure class. As regards the raft building exercise, well it was the icing on the cake, super fun, especially when the raft disintegrated!! The accommodation was perfect and I hope that you didn't have too much of a clean up operation after we left. Michael thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and he said it could not have gone better,so I really appreciate all your help and consideration in making the weekend work.
I do hope our paths cross again and I would definitely recommend the Eclipse Centre to others.
Take care of yourself and best of luck,
Thanks so much again,