All reviews assault course stag party pony trekking great weekend kenmare town the pub coasteering bog orienteering assos sonny accommodation blackwater hilarity kerry bonding craic
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I spent yesterday afternoon with a group of friends at Eclipse Ireland, what fun was had.. Athos, the owner, couldn't be more helpful and must be one of the most patient men I've ever met. We set off first on an orienteering course - 2 teams pitched against one another and the competition began (we won!!). Then off to do the assault course which brought to light teamwork, leadership and encouragement for all to try their best at the challenges that lay ahead. I don't think I've laughed as much in a long time, even when I landed in a big pile of mud. The centre caters for all ages and is highly recommendable, set in a beautiful part of Kerry. Thanks for a super day. One tip because of our climate here, would be to bring your waterproofs, to allow for maximum fun... Enjoy.

Date of stay: January 2012
1  Thank dee_bantry
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Hey Athos,
I hope you and your family are keeping well! I am just dropping you a quick email to thank you for last weekend, we had a really really great time!! The lads loved the competitive side of the tasks and the assault course was pure class. As regards the raft building exercise, well it was the icing on the cake, super fun, especially when the raft disintegrated!! The accommodation was perfect and I hope that you didn't have too much of a clean up operation after we left. Michael thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and he said it could not have gone better,so I really appreciate all your help and consideration in making the weekend work.
I do hope our paths cross again and I would definitely recommend the Eclipse Centre to others.
Take care of yourself and best of luck,
Thanks so much again,
Conor

Date of stay: November 2011
1  Thank conor h
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Had my stag here in Nov. 2011. Had a fantastic time with great people, activities and really nice place to stay after a night out in Kenmare. Did the brain and brawn challenge, raft making and a few other fantastic surprises. Was really happy overall. The owners did not get up set about one or two not showing up and no worries about noise late at night or any kind of hassle like that. Great value for money.

Date of stay: November 2011
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I organised a group weekend away to Eclipse. Athos, the owner, was very helpful in organising everything. Some of the people in our group pulled out at the last minute but he was very understanding. In the end there was 11 girls and 2 boys between the age of 20 and 30.
The accommodation was amazing. Really top class and had everything one would need. Its very spacious and Athos put enough beds into the one house so that we could all stay together which was ideal!
We were able to check in late and Athos waited up to greet us. Showed us around and gave us taxi numbers. Taxi into Kenmare cost us 4euro each.
Activities were on the Saturday where 10 girls done horse riding, mud surfing and the assault course. We all had such a great time!! Can't recommend them highly enough!! We are already planning to go back on a team bonding session for our camogie team next year.
We got lunch and dinner at Eclipse. We had a fab bbq which was so filling and enough food to feed an army. Everyone loved it!!
All in all I can't recommend this place enough! Its ideal for groups or teams and should definitely be experienced!!

Date of stay: October 2011
Reviewed 10 August 2011

My sister and I brought our 4 children (15,13,11,10) for an afternoon of mud surfing and a go at the obstacle course as a way of passing a few hours at the activity centre. The entire Eclipse team were an absolute pleasure and managed the kids perfectly (no mean feat with 2 grumpy teenagers!). Activities were very well organised and great fun so much so that they asked to go back a second time two days later for orienteering and horse riding and despite the typical Irish bad weather we got out an had a great time. The centre has residential cottages which looked great and a M*A*S*H style tent that sleeps 12 for larger groups. The hot tub would have been welcome after finding muscles we forgot existed but alas we hadn't time to experience. The scenery is also stunning!

Date of stay: August 2011