North County House
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
McMahon House(Listowel)
B&B 7 Ashfield(Listowel)
All reviewsoffering teafamily run b bon arrivalwarm hospitalitystayed herewonderful breakfastpubs and restaurantsshort drivebreakfast roomgreat place to stayirish breakfasttown centremonicaensuiteaccommodationhostireland
Reviewed 29 July 2016

North County House B & B was a wonderful first experience of the Irish warm hospitality and of the B & B experience. Monica was very gracious and accommodating during our two night stay in beautiful Listowel for a family wedding. I was very comfortable during my stay; slept great in a back bedroom and was fortified for a good part of the day with the great breakfast! I appreciated seeing a menu which helped me to know the choices easily. I was a bit spoiled after staying here my first nights in Ireland! Monica and Rosaire were very helpful with all the questions we had!

Room Tip: Room upstairs on the second floor in the back was quiet, comfortable and had a large bathroom - the shower was excellent!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Patricia0777
Reviewed 26 July 2016

I stayed here last weekend for two nights while attending a wedding. It's right in the heart of the town so an ideal location. I have never really liked to stay in B&B's before as I feel like I'm invading someone's home but my view has been totally changed. Monica could not have been more welcoming and accommodating. The room was fine, it had everything we needed, but the service was superior. Breakfast was great, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2016

North County House is warm, immaculately clean and perfectly situated in Listowel. Most of all, Monica has a PhD in 'Welcome'. Monica was always there when we needed her, offering assistance and recommendations. Breakfast was wonderful. Why stay anywhere else?

Room Tip: We stayed in Room #1, all the way back on the second floor, and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2016

We arrived at Shannon late in the afternoon, with Dingle our destination, and wanted to stop before dark, driving on the wrong side of the road and all. North County was easy to find, clean, and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent. Listowel can be walked easily in an hour and is worth a look.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2016

This Bed & Breakfast made my visit to Listowel even more pleasant than I had anticipated. I was a little apprehensive because of the reasonable rate but took a chance anyway because the location was so ideal. It turned out to be a gorgeous property with a lovely staff. My room was spacious with an en suite bath. The breakfasts were amazing and surprisingly there were a lot of options on the menu. Unlike most B & B's there is a large window of time during which to have breakfast which provides a lot of flexibility to the start of your day. I usually have difficulty sleeping through the night no matter where I am, but I slept incredibly well each night at North County due in part to the quality of the mattress as well as the lack of noise in the house. When I go back to Listowel (and I hope to very soon and very often) I will return to North County!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family