We stayed in Paradise island resort for 6 days full board and it was pretty close to being the perfect destination in many aspects.
My first thank goes to the staff who ensured that guests have the best time here. And I would specially mention our hosts at Bageecha restaurant Cynthia and Anna. We had total 17 meals in Bageecha and we were greeted by them with same passion and happiness all 17 times. We had our 15 months young son with us who soon became real friendly with them.
We stayed in Beach villa and our villa was on the eastern side. Water is much calm on that end and every morning we had lovely view of sunrise. At the same time we could easily spot baby sharks in water early morning which was a huge plus point.
There are 2 free activities that happen everyday, Shark feeding and stingray feeding. We thoroughly enjoyed both the activities.
They also have some games and show every night which are hosted by Joker, we enjoyed those games/shows as well. They do ensure that guests are entertained everyday.
They do have a good bar and plenty of cocktails you can have while enjoying the beach. One drink in particular I didnt like was 'get me drunk', it was mix of plenty of things and I didnt like the taste. Their Margarita was pretty good.
This is the disappointing part. They do have plenty of seafood in their buffet but if you dont eat seafood or if you are not a fan of seafood then most of the times you would not like the food. Of course they do have few vegetarian dishes as well but they were not really tasty.
Out of 3 meals everyday (breakfast,lunch and dinner) one would be pretty awesome and other 2 would be just average. Breakfasts were usually good. And fruits were really tasty. This is one reasons I cannot give 5 stars.
Water and marine life:
Damn, I could talk about this forever. Probably the best waters I have seen. And for those who likes to watch marine life, you dont need to go scuba or even snorkel. You can just walk in water and see beautiful fishes. Of course you go further deep and you can see more beautiful fishes but I was content with what I was able to see.
Water on the western beach was not calm however eastern beach was really calm and I was able to see plenty. One evening we saw 4 baby sharks swimming just few meters away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine an island right in the middle of the Indian Ocean, with bright white beaches, a lagoon with multiple hues of blue and aquamarine and tall coconut palms swaying to the breeze. Who wouldn't want to be marooned on one? All the more, when all modern comforts and formal professional services that one would expect on a five star hotel come together with it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Paradise Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Island Hotel Lankanfinolhu Island
- Paradise Island Resort Maldives
- Paradise Island Maldives
- Paradise Island Male
- Paradise Island Resort & Spa Maldives/Lankanfinolhu Island