“Return visits ”

Red Lion at Litton
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Litton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nestled on the village green in the picturesque village of Litton, the Red Lion at Litton is a traditional country inn. We offer quality homemade food from our kitchen headed by Ricky Adams our Head Chef. We are in the Good Beer Guide with 5 Cask Mark accredited real ales, usually local. We have two luxury en-suite rooms over the pub available for a minimum stay of 2 nights. We pride ourselves on always achieving 5* food hygiene. Come and see us!
Reviewed 17 August 2020 via mobile

A couple of return visits whilst staying in the village. Visited on both Saturday 8th (evening) and Sunday 16th (evening). Always feel very welcome here and always get a good meal. Pleased to see that you’re coping well with the COVID restrictions. Hope to visit once more before we head back home next week. Thank you.

1  Thank MandL-OM
Write a reviewReviews (594)

Reviewed 10 August 2020

First time in the Peak District me and my family set out for a walk to this village and pub on Sat 8th Aug 2020.

When we got there there was clearly very strong Covid Restrictions in place - which is good.

However on the hottest day f the year we were told we couldn't come in as the only place to sit was inside and no under 6s allowed. This as after we where showd to a table b another member of staff who "forgot" under 6s werent allowed in.

When i told the guy we had waked for miles he said sorry but no children.. I was appalled and my Children were very upset with 2 of them already sat down in the chair we had been taken to. To that end i would label this pub very un-freindly and very unfit for tourisim. With many man walking routes and footpaths close by this pub is not fit for tourist purposes. I have today emailed visitpeakistrict about this

We enjoyed our visit to the area but doubt we will be returning to the area

to conclude - its 2020 , you operate a service business in a tourist area- cater for families.

PS god bless the post office opposite were i we could enjoy an ice cold drink, much happier to give the lady our business than this pub..........

1  Thank searledog83
jeannem652, Owner at Red Lion at Litton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2020

Thank you for highlighting our effort re Covid-19. I have worked very hard to ensure all our staff, locals and visitors feel safe at the Red Lion at Litton and for this reason customers are returning time and again. My staff are very friendly and we welcome tourists from literally all over the world. We also welcome families. We do not however, have children under 6 years in our pub. This has always been in place and is clearly sign posted on entry. We are a small quirky pub with small rooms. We love children, the pub simply can not accommodate. THIS IS NOT PERSONAL. I agree Saturday was one of the hottest days. My staff are working very hard with table service wearing masks/visors. which was very difficult on this day. Oscar made a simple mistake. Theo explained to you and a lady in your party accepted his apology. I am pleased Carol and her team at the Community shop could accommodate you. Please do not disrespect my pub. Your comments are simply untrue. Hospitality has, amongst others, suffered very badly in these unprecedented times and we are doing our best! Our colleagues at visitpeakdistrict are also working very hard to make the best of this difficult time. I too will forward my response to them. Jeanne Mason Landlady

Reviewed 4 August 2020

Our party of nine ate outdoors in the gazebo and it was a lovely evening to do so. The entering was well organised for the recording of information due to Covid-19 and staff suitably protected with face masks and gloves.

The service was excellent, the staff were attentive, helpful and pleasant, the food was delicious and the whole experience a great one.

We have no hesitation in recommending this venue for a memorable and enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 30 July 2020 via mobile

We visited the Red Lion on Tuesday evening. We were seated inside which we were thankful for as it was such a cool evening to sit outside to eat. Our meals were beautifully presented and wonderfully cooked. The young staff were very efficient. We felt totally safe in these Covid times. Our only negative comment would be we were so cold in the pub. The front door was open i think due to Covid recommendations which in our view really needed to be closed on such a cold night

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 29 July 2020 via mobile

While we had a lovely meal this all started when the lovely waiter seated us and some female staff member who I presume is management snapped at us that we had 5 minutes to decide what to eat and could order mains due to the kitchen closing, This us fine and we totally understand however I would advise she underwent some customer service training on how to speak and address customers, Informitive information is perfectly fine to accept however not to ve snapped at, Also she spoke down to her waiter who was very polite and professional and no once did she incourge him, Manners go a long way and it's a shame some allow a position to think they have the right to look down on others and forget that manners apply to everyone, Shame really as the food was nice but left a nasty taste in our mouth.

Date of visit: July 2020