“Ideal for a lunchtime stop off”
Review of The Green Man

The Green Man
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Lavendon
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2018

An attractive spacious pub with ample parking on the main road through Lavendon, apparently to undergo further refurbishment in November. Although a Greene King pub, the guest ales we tried were well kept. Service was prompt, cheerful and efficient and the menu offered lots of choice. We both had the Waygu burger with fries and salad with a (slightly watery!) coleslaw and kemchi ketchup dip.-, which we both enjoyed. We both had dessert - I had the sticky toffee and date pudding with vanilla ice cream, and could actually taste all 3 . My partner attempted the luxury ice cream and sorbet- with 3 choices from six flavours, choosing prosecco, lemon sorbet and vegan vanilla. She found them quite tasty and tangy. but couldn't finish them, so I had to help out...and very good they were too. Give them a try!

RebelFleur11, Guest Relations Manager at The Green Man, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for your review Michael. I'm so happy you enjoyed your time with us and I will be passing on your comments to the rest of the team. We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Nice building, great staff and decent food. Plenty of room for large groups. Pleasant place would come again.

RebelFleur11, Public Relations Manager at The Green Man, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Thank you for a lovely review! Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

What a wonderful place. Our group of 27 guests had a delicious 3 course meal here yesterday to celebrate my parents Golden Wedding Anniversary. The food was delicious and the service was very very good. Compliments all round. Thank you

RebelFleur11, Public Relations Manager at The Green Man, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Hi Julia, Thank you very much for such a lovely review! I am so pleased you had such a wonderful time celebrating with us. I will be sure to pass on your thanks to the rest of the team. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

After deciding on The Green Man, we were seated quickly and orders taken soon after. The food came out quickly and was very tasty...but just from a personal standpoint, 12 chips wasn't the biggest amount to accompany my fish; still delicious though!
The pubs decor was beautiful, well kept and clean. The staff were extremely friendly (great customer service), the only downfall was after dessert was served we didn't see them again and ended up waiting at the bar to settle up.
A great evening of dining, worth a visit!

RebelFleur11, Guest Relations Manager at The Green Man, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2018

Thank you for the lovely review, I will be sure to pass it on to the rest of the team and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Booked for the restaurant. After giving us the menus we didn't see the staff again. After 40 minutes we left. Very disappointed as this is our local. I guess we will go to the horseshoe from now on.

5  Thank Tim P
RebelFleur11, Guest Relations Manager at The Green Man, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Thank you for your review Tim. I'm very sorry this has happened. This is not how we expect our guests to be treated. I will be speaking with the staff on shift to see how this has happened. If you would like to discuss this further please give us a ring on 01234 712611 and ask to speak with Michael. Thank you.