“Pleasant Surprise ”

Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Lavendon
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Our first visit to The Green Man will not be the last. All the meals were extremely nice and reasonably priced. The fish pie was the best my dad has ever had and he’s been around a while! Generous sized portions and the puddings were to die for, we all had something different all delicious.

Date of visit: August 2018
RebelFleur11, Public Relations Manager at The Green Man, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Thank you for such a lovely review, we hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 27 August 2018

We wanted to celebrate the engagement of our children with our new “in-laws” and they suggested The Green Man - we are so pleased they did!
From the moment we arrived we were warmly greeted by Michael and his team, promptly served with our drinks, and after a few minutes shown to our table. The service all night was very attentive without being intrusive, We had three courses, all of which were cooked perfectly, beautifully presented and generously proportioned.
Although The Green Man is part of a national chain, thanks to Michael and his team, it has the feel and ambience of an old fashioned independent village pub, warm, inviting, almost homely!
Not sure if Michael is the manager, but if he’s not - then he should be! His energy and enthusiasm for the pub and his team made our evening - we will be returning , and soon! 10/10 all round!

Date of visit: August 2018

Good morning Dave. Thank you for such a lovely 5* review! I thank you on behalf of the team. So pleased Michael looked after you, I'll be sure to pass on your thanks to him and the rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely evening meal with my mother, food was lovely & staff had exceptional service! Big Thank you and well done to mikey and his team for another warming welcome! Look forward to coming back soon

Date of visit: August 2018
RebelFleur11, Public Relations Manager at The Green Man, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Thank you so much for the lovely review Mel. Glad you enjoyed your time with us. I will pass on your thanks to Mikey and the rest of the team and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 20 August 2018

I went to the Green man with my partner and our friends to celebrate the two of them getting pregnant together in July.

My partner and I started with a Pimms which was very nice. Once our friends arrived we decided to order some starters and our mains. The starters too around 50 minutes to come out one was wrong we ordered and paid for cheesy garlic bread but what came out was a burnt to the crisp plain garlic breed. When I asked the waiter why was it so burnt and explained that this wasn't our order he looked like he couldn't care less and walked away without even telling me whether he was going to change it or not?

- After another 10 minutes he arrived with a cheesy garlic bread which was actually very nice. We finished our starters but then we still had to wait another 30-45 minutes for our mains. We asked the waitress who was around the garden area where our food was and explained how long its been twice before she explained that the chef had gone home ill. Obviously this wasn't ideal as we was celebrating however it would of been nice to be told what was going on before hand by one of the waitress who knew we had ordered the food.

Finally our mains came out I had the beef ribs with fries the food was very nice I have to say however the wait was still a problem.

I would recommend the food however the wait was ridiculous and I felt like the staff didn't care at all which was a really big shame. I doubt I will return due to the wait and the staff.

Date of visit: July 2018
4  Thank 82mjl
RebelFleur11, Public Relations Manager at The Green Man, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our business. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed the food and am sorry you had a long wait. This is something that the team are working on as a whole. We hope to welcome you again soon to show you these issues have been resolved.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

We have eaten here in February for my birthday and a joint 21st and 80th birthday in June.
Staff are pleasant and helpful, sometimes bit takes a while between courses but food is good, a good choice and very pleasant surroundings.
Your usual everyday menu plus more. A good variety to choose from. The breaded mushrooms and lamb shank are very good.
Always come out full and happy with the food.

Date of visit: June 2018
RebelFleur11, Public Relations Manager at The Green Man, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you very much for your review Jane. We’re glad you enjoyed your time with us and hope to welcome you again soon!