Lowest prices for your stay
US$161
Free cancellation until 01/07/21
Hotels.com
US$161
Free cancellation until 02/07/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$162
US$157
Expedia.comUS$161
eDreamsUS$162
TravelocityUS$161
1,394 results
All reviews conservatory restaurant leisure centre leisure club lovely village executive room waltons bar salmon the pub car park cooked breakfast lovely room a lovely stay short break train station wedding viaduct carlisle
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 October 2020

Arrived at around 4pm, on checking in was asked for a swipe of my card which I handed over to then have the payment of the stay taken in full. Had every intention of paying and would have happily paid up from but that wasn’t what was requested at the time.

We stayed in one of the Castle View rooms. The room was lovely, big comfy bed and bathroom large and clean with a great powerful shower. Despite a laminated note in the bedroom advising that towels etc were available on request without the need for somebody coming into your room it was never actually explained on check, or in the room that the rooms would not be serviced during the stay due to covid regulations. While this may be understandable it would have been beneficial when checking in to explain this and how to get clean towels, toilet roll etc and that the room would not be serviced.

First night in Walton’s the meal and service were both fine. The second night we were left sitting for a long time before our drinks order was taken. When the meal arrived I asked for another drink and my partner asked for sauces, neither of which materialised until I went to the bar myself to chase them up mid-meal as it seemed near impossible to get any staff attention as they moved around.

The service on both occasions at breakfast was poor and disorganised. We witnessed people coming in after us to have their orders taken and drinks and toast brought to them before our orders were taken. We weren’t in a hurry but we were left a long time sitting without the offer of tea / coffee. There no structure on who was serving where. At one point we were offered the table next to us breakfast. While all the staff were pleasant the default position seemed to be to apologise for poor service rather than try and get it right in the first place. Being overlooked and forgotten about once is understandable but 3 times out of 4 is not acceptable.

We enjoyed the room very much but our stay was let down by the always pleasant but far too disorganised service.

2  Thank 596helent
Reviewed 28 October 2020 via mobile

I enjoyed a long weekend in the October holidays with my son at this hotel. The food in the Conservatory was beautifully presented and tasty. We had the pan stone bass, goats cheese soufflé, scallops and cheese board. All was extremely delicious and I would recommend this restaurant and the Walton’s bar where we had the fish and chips and chicken burger. My son said it was the best chicken he had ever had! We went back the next night to have the same. The pool and gym were clean and appointments had to be made to ensure social distancing.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank AlisonJwilson
Reviewed 24 October 2020

Really disappointed about are stay waited months for this!! on the day of arrival we was told we had to book the spa 7 days in advance on arrival,,, poor service all round and a shower that was a powerful as a blow of wind!! It’s seems these people only care about the regulars from my impression! They need to remember eventually people die and maybe the company needs to think about the next generation and not the golden oldies with all due respect

Never again

No thanks
Chris

1  Thank PennyLane8
Chris McLaughlin, General Manager at Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2020

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

So that I can use your feedback in the most constructive way possible it would much appreciated if you could kindly email me directly on cmclaughlin@crownhotelwetheral.co.uk and provide further details about this.
I am not sure of the relevance of your image to our hotel? It is of your leg and your top. The background is not from our hotel either.
Secondly to avoid disappointment we do recommend that our guest pre book our Leisure club. This is also stated on our website. In regards to your comments about the receptionist stating it needs to be booked 7 days in advance this is simply not part of our process.

We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service and product to all of our guests and I wish to highlight that in order for a guest to become a regular they once were a 1st time guest and we will most certainly will continue to look after all of our guests whether they be 1st time visitors or regulars.

Regards,

Reviewed 22 October 2020

We had dinner in the conservatory restaurant at the Crown Hotel. The menu was interesting and the food was well presented and delicious. The chef, Gavin, cooked the fish and lamb to perfection and there were lots of nice flavours on the plate. Food was served in a very timely manner. Staff were friendly and attentive but did not linger, due to Covid . Will, the operations manager, knew his stuff. He didn't need to check anything out about the menu or beers; he knew exactly what was available. They were also giving some kind of discount, an 'eat out to help out' type thing. This was an added bonus for us as we weren't expecting that. Plenty of hand sanitizer around and table spacing was good.

Dear guest,

Thank for tasking the time to provide feedback about your recent experience at our hotel.
We encourage all of our guests to provide feedback so we know the areas in which we are doing well and the areas in which we may need to improve.
I am delighted to read about your positive experience and you can be assured that it will be shared with all of the team.
Your feedback will serve as motivation to all as we continue to strive to better improve our services.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 October 2020 via mobile

Enjoyable overnight stay. Clean fresh and friendly. Pool facilities very well organised despite COVID restrictions. However same could not be said for the rest of the hotel. I appreciate it was busy when we arrived but room keys handed out without any signs of sanitation. Breakfast was rushed and table was wiped over with a damp cloth - no sanitizer. Menu and pots of jams/marmalades were lifted from a used discarded table and placed on ours without cleaning first. When walked to have clean ones staff were very disinterested and shrugged as if it was too much bother. We did get fresh condiments and menu but noticed our second hand discarded one were subsequently placed on anther table!!!!!
Such a shame as this spoiled an otherwise lovely stay.

1  Thank elainedeeming
Chris McLaughlin, General Manager at Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2020

Dear guest,

Thank for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay with us.
In respect to your feedback about you feeling that we are not Covid secure I wish to highlight very clearly. The safety of all of our staff and guests is indeed at the forefront of hotel. The standards which we do have in place are as follows:

* Sanitising stations at the entrance of our hotel and eateries
* PPE policy for all staff
* Masks Must be worn when walking around our common areas by all guests
*NHS track and trace system
*One way system in place
* Social distancing floor marking throughout common areas
* Pre booking for both breakfast and dinner slots
* High quality cleaning system (ECO Lab )
* 3 Step Room cleans which entails Fogging, Cleaning and then finally signed of by head housekeeper whereby she then seals the door shut with a Clean and Sanitised sticker
* Decluttered bedrooms
*Table service for all bookings
* Increased cleaning

I hope this gives you some comfort in knowing that we take not only our product, service and standards seriously but also the safety of our staff and guests.

On another note I am pleased that your felt all other aspects of your stay was lovely.

Yours sincerely,