“Get the Roti!”

The Beach Club at Calabash
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Placed on the white powdery sands of L'anse Aux Epines Beach, The Beach Club at the Calabash offers the perfect lunchtime setting. British chef Mark Banthorpe fell in love with the island's flavours, and this love lead him to create an exciting menu focused on Grenada's natural ingredients and spices. Lunch is served between 12 noon - 3pm and "tapas" bites and cocktails available from 10.30am - 6.30pm everyday.
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was a bit hit-or-miss for me but you should absolutely get the roti if you are here. It is SO GOOD!!! Note: It's also massive, so bring your A game. :-) Haven't had roti like that since I lived in NYC many years ago. They even made a fish version for me since I no longer eat chicken. Now that's service! The garlic shrimp and catch of the day salad are delicious as well. The biggest miss for me was the calamari, as it was not crispy enough for my liking. All around, a good restaurant.

1  Thank pclah

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

I had the pan roasted tuna served with shrimp bisque and saffron risotto. It was absolutely AMAZING!!!! Service was also very good.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

One of the most pleasant times I look forward to is my Vacation trip to Grenada West Indies. Better known as the Island of Spice.
I have just arrived back home in London from a fantastic June Vacation in Grenada. On this occasion, it was a business trip as well as a holiday with my brother.
We always plan our trip by spending the first week of our holiday with our family in the North part of the Island (St Patricks, River Sallee, Lower La Taste and Upper La Taste).
During the second week, we always book a hotel in St Georges the capital of Grenada in the south Part of the Island.
My brother had a look at a few hotels and he decided on the Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel & Spa. (It’s a 5-star hotel of the highest quality).
When you arrive at the hotel you are greeted by staff with a warm and friendly welcome and this first impression relaxes you straight away and makes you feel extremely satisfied with your choice.
As you arrive one of the staff takes your language to your room, welcomes you with professional enthusiasm and ensures you are content before they leave.
I think we got to meet a lot of the staff throughout our stay. We meet the Calabash owner Leo, the manager Zack, the reservation manager Raquel and the front desk staff Lauren. They were all incredibly friendly, enthusiastic and made our stay fabulous. They have somehow created this amazing homely environment at the Calabash, every staff member you meet is friendly and helpful. All the staff interact with their customers with positive enthusiasm and with excellent customer service standards.
We spent time at their fantastic beach location, Scuba diving was one of the activities you can enjoy and there is a bar by the beach where you can enjoy some delicious food and rum punch to drink. They have a wide variety of food and drinks on the menu in their restaurant. The fish and steaks were very delicious indeed.
On their welcome pack, it provides you with all the information the Calabash offers and this is very helpful. It featured yoga as an activity. Which is an activity I like very much. I tried it out and it was very relaxing indeed. I also tried a back massage and it definitely chillaxed my stiffness. The fitness room allowed me to maintain my fitness levels. There is a pool near the fitness area and it’s a nice place to cool down and get a nice tan.
I have travelled for a number of years and used many hotels and the Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel & Spa has definitely created something remarkably unique. They make you feel at ease straight away and they seem to have created this incredible family atmosphere.
Racquel the reservation manager gave us a tour of the beautiful Villa’s they rent out. The location of the Villas was at a very high point with an amazing view of the ocean which was breath-taking. The rooms were stunning.
If you are thinking of a hot summer vacation and are going visit Grenada West Indies which I highly recommend, the Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel & Spa and their fantastic staff will ensure your stay with them is first class in every way. I’m definitely going to stay there again.
Colin Fraser

1  Thank Colin F
Reviewed 1 June 2017

A dining experience of comfort and elegance while on the beach. Delightful food choices and very fresh fish. Very friendly staff and the grounds were beautiful.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Excellent food and service directly on the beach. Easy going vibe with a small bar is whats going on at the Beach Club. The food is simple yet tasty. You can't go wrong with any of the seafood choices. The catch of the day is what my wife and I opted for most of the time. This is prepared a few ways; grilled over a fresh salad, pan seared over a risotto and some greens or grilled in a spicy tomato/veg broth. The fried calamari is fresh and comes with a zesty mayo smear in the bowl. Drinks are great. The rum punch is excellent. The Bash Hustler is refreshing. Thanks to George, Rhondi and the rest of the service and kitchen staff who were all outstanding and eager to make our experience the best it could be!

1  Thank pmny