Hotels.com
onlyGrenada.com
FindHotel
Priceline
All reviews rhodes restaurant beach bar garbutt family daily specials wonderful hotel every morning moment you arrive prickly bay without exception every member of staff small hotel banana crumble private beach spa treatments lovely beach wonderful holiday sun loungers
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 January 2021

Where to begin ……

Given the situation with Covid, and all of the hurdles in place for international travel, we never allowed ourselves to look forward to our trip to Grenada until we actually arrived!

Calabash is a truly wonderful hotel which more than met our expectations. The location is fabulous, the accomodation just perfect and the food is easily the best that I have ever had in the Carribean.

However, what really makes this such a special place to stay is the staff. Professional, yet relaxed. Attentive yet not overbearing and so friendly and welcoming. Desiann at The Beach Club, George at Rhodes Restaurant and all of the receptionsists were particular stand-outs.

It must have been such a challenging time for all at the hotel (whilst we were there) but no one ever stopped smiling and we felt incredidly fortunate to be spend a memorable Christmas at The Calabsh Hotel. Thank you. We look forward to returning soon.

Room tip: Go for a ground floor pool suite.
Date of stay: December 2020
2  Thank HuntersWood
Adele Garbutt, Owner at Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2021

Dear HuntersWood

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to our post stay survey. It is a lovely read and I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you also for your very kind and heartwarming comments. Your words perfectly describe what we are trying to achieve. And, as I always say, what makes Calabash special is the people, both guests and staff. So thank you for contributing to our happy atmosphere.

Reviewed 17 November 2020

Great place with wonderful staff. Charming character. Good games in grounds. Excellent facilities. Safe stay with regards to hygiene given Covid-19 pandemic. There were very few guests but they managed to continue to run all water sports and spa treatments.

Date of stay: November 2020
Review collected in partnership with Relais & Chateaux
Adele Garbutt, Owner at Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2020

Dear Kindersuzi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay. It is a lovely read and I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 9 November 2020

First class French cuisine meets Caribbean cool and service which is the best I've seen in the region. The only downside is the beach which, one hopes, will be busy when the tourists return. The service is close to the best Asian groups and the food perhaps better - and you're in Grenada where people bring relaxation to a new height.

Room tip: expect the best food and service to be had in the Caribbean
Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank HappyTravellerYes
Adele Garbutt, Owner at Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2020

Dear HappyTravellerYes

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It is a lovely read and I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 29 June 2020 via mobile

Went to the lovely Calabash beach Bar for lunch on Sunday. First time it has been open for months. As usual it was a pretty spectacular experience.
We were politely requested to sanitise, had our temperature taken and tables were all 6 feet apart. All staff wore masks. Customers asked to wear masks at all times except when sitting. Menu was a small laminated card which you scanned to get lunch choices on your phone. All arrangements were really well thought out and executed. We were very impressed and felt very safe. The food was totally delicious.

Whilst we were at lunch a member of the hotel family told us that our car in the parking area had a flat tyre We were so stunned by what happened next. The car key was taken from us and another member of the family changed the tyre whilst we sat sipping in the sunshine. As a regular visitor to the family run Calabash I am accustomed to excellent service but this was above and beyond !!!!! Now I am wondering if I can take my car there next time I have a flat!!!So much more civilised than the garage! Well done and thank you so much Calabash. What service!

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amber h
Reviewed 25 May 2020 via mobile

My wife and myself took my mum for her 81st birthday, we hoped it was the treat that it looked and we were not dissapointed! From the moment we stepped out of our taxi, to the moment we left, we were treated like royalty. The staff are all so helpful and don’t mind you asking anything. Rooms are clean as can be and as comfortable as at home. I really cannot fault the attention we had from the breakfast on our balcony to the afternoon tea. We really enjoyed our stay and will be back in a heart beat. Even as we were one one the last apartments you leave due to Covid 19, everything was handled well even with the handful of people left before the island closed. We thank you for an incredible time and I could go on for days about how nice it was, all I can say is go, enjoy and relax. What hotels should be! Oh and the most amazing thing was getting out the sea after a snorkel to be greated with a smile and a glass of iced water was insane. Hats off to everyone and thank you

Date of stay: April 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank easyutan

Dear easyutan

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to our post stay survey. It is a lovely read and I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay (all things considered!!).