“spot on” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ashburn Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lurgan
The Ashburn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lurgan
gloucestershire
“spot on”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2007

I have stayed at the ashburn several times over the past 4 years and have always found the staff to be pleasant and willing to accomondate. The rooms are always clean and well stocked with toiletries towels etc. The food is of good portions and good value for money. I personally dont think you would find better value for money. If you are into nightclubs there is a free disco on site.

6 Thank guinness66

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2006

What a friendly place! It is my first time in Ireland, having been summoned here by a local colleague who lives in Lurgan on company business. He booked me into the Ashburn Hotel. The staff are freindly, the hotel is clean and the rooms are ample size and nicely decorated. The bathroom was the only letdown and could have done with a re-furb but still clean, useable and had plenty of hot running water and a powerful shower! I ate at the bar there the first night and food was great, much better than most bar grub. You won't find a better hotel for the money. When I visit again the Ashburn will be the first place I try!

• Stayed March 2006, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2003

We arrived in Lurgan, in searching family roots. Upon arriving at Ashburn Hotel, we knew we were at home, as we were welcomed by first name. Sean (the owner) as well as the entire staff was kind and went up and above the normal to help us. The Hotel itself was very clean and we were welcomed with open arms. My only regret is not being able to stay there longer. If I ever get to return to Ireland, Ashburn Hotel will be my first place to visit. I cannot thank everyone enough for their kindness and consideration.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2003

Stayed here about 5 or 6 times in the last seven years. The hotel is small with plain but comfortable rooms. As with any hotel that has a nightclub, don't get a room near the club exits on the nights that they operating - otherwise sleep will be difficult. The pub/lounge is comfortable and wonderful for meeting with friends. The staff and owners are freindly. The food is average but who cares - I'm in the lounge for a pint, or two. The place isn't as bad as the other reviewer claims - a stick in the mud about life in general I would say. The night club is like most other - thump, thump, thump, crowed clubs. The stale vomit smells most have eluded me on my visits. It is humorous to watch the incredibly drunk patrons exit at the end of the night. Is it me or do the N. Irish drink way more than Americans? Or do we just hold it better?

15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lurgan
5.1 km away
7.6 km away
Clenaghans
Clenaghans
#1 of 2 in Moira

Been to The Ashburn Hotel? Share your experiences!