All reviews thank you very much piping hot hard work large portions dining room stayed here for nights saturday night lasagna a great stay food was lovely your doorstep night stay chicken stack nightclub lounge meal chips
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Back in January 2016 i had family over for a holiday, so we arranged a night out with friends. I called on the morning to make sure i didnt need to book a table in the restaurant, just incase i needed to book a table seeing as there was going to be six of us in total. I was told i didnt need to book a table and to just come on down when we were ready. They were informed that on of the party of six was in a whelchair, we were told that wouldnt be a problem. We got there early so that we could get settled and wait for friends arriving from Portadown. When we walked in there were no tables available for six people in the restaurant so we took a table in the bar, it was only the good graces of a group of youngsters that decided to give up their table and sit somewhere else that we were able to sit at a table ( which was very nice of them and it was appreciated ). We orderded our first drink whilst we waited for friends to arrive, 10 mins later friends arrived so we ordered more drinks. 10 mins later a waitress arrived at our table to take our order, we hadnt decided on what to have so she came back 5 mins later to take our order for food. The food was nothing to write home about if i am being honest, i ordered sizzling beef....it wasnt sizzling when it arrived. No one was impressed with the food so far. We ordered more drinks to go with our meal. We ordered desert and i have to say the deserts were pitiful..i ordered profiteroles...i recieved a plate with 5 profiteroles on it and a drizle of chocolate sauce....other deserts we ordered were wrong but we ate them anyway as we couldnt get anyones attention to get them changed. We then ordered more drinks to wash everything down. A waitress came to our table not 5 mins after we finished deserts asking us to settle our bill...please bare in mind we were still drinking paying customers at this point. So we decided to have a drink and let our food settle. 5 mins later another waitress arrived at our table and asked us to settle our bill for the meal. They cleared our table quickly. Our friends left early as they were so embarrassed at the level of service and attitude of the staff. We were hurried out of the door 10 mins later. I have to say i was ashamed that i had recomended the place where we ate. To be treat that way as paying customers is totally unacceptable in my opinion. I will never eat or drink in The Ashburn again. I am no business man by any means but i certainly wouldnt be rushing paying customers out of the door.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sean K
AshburnManager, General Manager at The Ashburn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Hello Sean K,

I'm sorry for the late reply. I am very sorry to hear of your experience with us & would like to offer our apologies. I have discussed your review with the department managers & waiting staff. We pride ourselves on efficient service & do not wish to hurry people from their tables. Thank you for bringing these issue to my attention.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

We had lunch today. 4 adults and 3 under 3's, Great service. Children's meals came out really quickly and allowed us to have time to help them before our own meals were served. Thank you very much Jayne for the great service.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Hello Mary2602,

Thank you for your kind review. I will pass on your thanks to our team.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

I visit here regularly with family or friends, for lunch during the day or a few drinks at the weekend. Nice atmosphere in the bar for food or drinks or there is a restaurant if you prefer. Lunch specials are very reasonably priced and tasty and they change weekly. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Will definitely be back.
Nightclub on at the weekend and function rooms available for events or family occasions.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
AshburnManager, General Manager at The Ashburn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Thank you for leaving a review on our hotel, I will pass on your comments to all concerned.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights, hallway was so smelly of sigaretsmoke that I could smell it inside my smokefree room, then the heating was so loud I needed earplugs to be able to sleep, staf was friendly and the restaurant was ok, not great

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Hello Johan, thank you for reviewing our hotel.

I am very sorry our rooms did not meet your expectation. We operate a no smoking policy in all our rooms & housekeeping staff should have informed us that there where people smoking in their rooms. I will ensure we reiterate the importance of passing on this information. With regard to the noise from the heating no one else has complained about the noise however I will have our plumber look into the issue.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Back in my home town for the first time since Christmas, I went again to the Ashburn for dinner with my family. I really like the vibe in the bar area. There was a football match on the screens. Our order arrived really fast and was piping hot. Will continue to patronize this great spot.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Hello dawnimac

Thank you for this review. You need to come home more often!