All reviewscompletely fell in lovecinema roomhen dowelcome packdining tablegreat weekendhot tubfiresheating
Reviewed 30 September 2016

We hired all 10 of the really interesting Riber Hall Stables rooms - all of which have their own features (mostly with four poster beds), ensuite bathroom and well equipped kitchenette.

We also had exclusive access to the kitchen and dining room, lounge/conservatory and gardens.

For a large mixed group (11 adults and 6 kids of various ages) it worked perfectly. The kitchen/diner allowed us to prepare and serve food while catching up. The lounge let the kids chat/play/dance and watch TV. It was also great to sit outside in the lovely garden.

The kitchen was incredibly kitted out - with pretty much everything that you could ever need!

The Tennis court needs a bit of work - but the kids still loved it!

If you have a large group of people who you need to accommodate and feed - look no further. This is the place to come. Great facility, lovely quiet location, great surroundings. Just the job!

Room Tip: Room 10 is the best room
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2016

We have stayed at Riber Hall Aparthotel before, and found it charmingly in a Qwerky way. We rather liked the do it yourself qualities of the place, the lack of personal service, the total lack of personnel altogether . We forgave the slight shabbiness, the faded grandeur, because there were little touches that suggested we as guests were valued, fresh flowers in the bedroom, a bottle of wine, a little bowl of smarties, these items said " we value you " but now they are gone. So we are left with a down at heel room, yes it contains a four poster bed, some heavy antique furniture and a well equipped little kitchette, but the curtains are ill fitting, the walls need repainting and the bathroom is a disaster area. Wallpapering a bathroom may occasionally work, it doesn't here, it's peeling and horrible, the tiles are badly fitted, the taps are shabby, the wall lights don't both have bulbs and the shower is only hot intermittently. No face flannel, only a small bar of "catering" soap and a refillable bottle of body wash. A sign by the emergency bell suggests this is " Only to be used in an absolute emergency and between 7am and 11pm" I assume after 11pm the owners wish me to die quietly in a medical emergency. It's not all bad, it's just no longer good enough, the notices are all telling you what you mustn't do, where the owners clearly have no interest in their guests enjoyment of the accommodation, only reprimanding them, getting them in and out with as little work as possible. I doubt we will book again, I like hot water on tap day and night, I like cleanliness and freshness, I do like Qwerky but am not prepared to sacrifice the basics for it. We stayed in room 1 ground floor this time, we found room 5 on the upper floor better last time but assume it too now lacks the little extras and is probably in need of a tender loving care that is lacking in the whole place. Such a shame to see a place go downhill, it gives me no pleasure to give them a poor review but would not want others to be disappointed, if I hear they have undertaken a programme of refurbishment we may well return, as we love the position ( at the top of a very steep hill ) . By all means give them a try but be prepared for the conditions described here, so you won't be too disappointed.

Room Tip: Go on upper floor, less noisy ( you won't have guests above you ) 5-8 I think
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Harthill, Owner at Riber Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

This is NOT a review of Riber Hall Holiday cottage sleeping 18 guest

Reviewed 31 August 2016

We booked Riber Hall stables as a gathering for a group of friends that were all 50, with partners and children, and had a fantastic time, the venue was great.
The 10 stable bedrooms which we hired en-masse were excellent, the four-poster beds had possibly the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on - brilliant.
As it was well set back from the road, we felt very quiet and isolated which is what we wanted, and were able to enjoy ourselves playing games, drinking and just talking.
What stops it being a 5/5 though is the fact that parts of the communal areas feel just a bit tired, the seats have been repaired regularly, the iPod docks didn't take any upto date new iPhones. Wifi was limited to a specific area (it was fast enough) and I'm sure could be improved by extenders, a simple and relatively cheap job.
Finally don't expect to play tennis, there is a layer of moss about 1/2 inch thick on the court. My 10yr old tried to clean it so we could play, but it would have taken all weekend.
So, the most important thing is that we all had a fabulous time, and the Stables certainly added to the experience, and I would recommend it to anyone for a gathering, just be aware of some of the little snags.

Room Tip: room 10 with access to the garden seemed best.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2016

fantastic accommodation excellent location four poster bed could not fault everything you needed for a romantic break would advise anyone to give this self catering accommodation a try beautiful area excellent all round will be booking for september for my partners birthday.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2016

Nice quiet setting in a restored former stable block. Lovely old decorated room with 4 poster. You book, get an email with instructions which help to find this out of the way place. Few points of criticism, wifi is very much up and down, when working speed is fine, it just stops altogether, not the signal, but the actual internet. There can be noise from upstairs if you have a downstairs room. There was a strong smell in the corridor. Would I stay again, yes.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple