“An absolute paradise for people with allergies”
Review of Because I Like It

Because I Like It
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in Bakewell
Price range: US$3 - US$29
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Because I Like It is a tearooms, with gluten-free,dairy-free and vegan options, as well as a gift shop and gallery in the centre of the beautiful Peak District town of Bakewell, Derbyshire.
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

I stumbled across this place by chance whilst walking round Bakewell- I spotted the sign that said gluten, dairy free and vegan options available so we went down the quiet little street and it was beautiful, all vines across the outside seating area. I went into the café area and because we were short on time before the parking ran out I just had a look at the cake options to take out, they all looked lovely and were labelled whether they were gluten/ dairy free or vegan and there were lots of options. I ended up having pecan strudel , a slice of Bakewell tart and a jam and cream fruit scone all vegan and gluten free. Obviously I didn't eat them all at once and took them home with me but it was so exciting actually to have options of what to eat and also the pecan strudel was absolutely delicious loved it and the Bakewell tart didn't taste as though it was missing anything despite being egg free. Thoroughly recommended, only downside is for those three items it was £9.90 but I would go again anyway as you are paying for the quality

Nigel H, Owner at Because I Like It, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely comments.

We're really pleased you enjoyed your cakes!

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Stopped off here with my mum and brother to have lunch after a long trek from Blackwell. We were surprised to see many many vegan and GF options. All of us loved our lunches, tea and coffee. Really great find. Lovely food in an equally lovely location. Would definitely recommend.

Nigel H, Owner at Because I Like It, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

We're really pleased you enjoyed your meals with us and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Bakewell.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely lunch today, a really hot Sunny day. We both had salads, my cheddar and Brie was excellent with plenty of cheese and my wife’s ham salad was delicious. We sat outside, under the canopy and I have to say it was great to see that every table was non smoking. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Nigel H, Owner at Because I Like It, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Thank you for your kind review.

We're really pleased you enjoyed your lunch with us and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Bakewell.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

What a find.

Four of us tried 'Because I Like It' in Bakewell for lunch last week.

Really tasty vegan sandwiches, toasties, soups, cakes etc. Plenty of choice.

And to top it all - Vegan Bakewell Tart.

Excellent vegan wines and beers too.

Nigel H, Owner at Because I Like It, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review.

We're really pleased you enjoyed your visit to our Cafe and in particular our Vegan Bakewell Tart.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Bakewell.

Reviewed 9 June 2018

What a great place for coffee and cake. Lovely atmosphere and an array of gifts etc for you to browse through. Really enjoyed the break for coffee.

Nigel H, Owner at Because I Like It, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Thank you for your kind review.

We're really pleased you enjoyed your visit to our cafe, shop and gallery.