“Excellent Sunday Lunch Service”

The Rutland Arms Hotel
Ranked #36 of 91 Restaurants in Bakewell
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2018

The proprietor opened the Restaurant for our party of six, and we are glad he did. Excellent food and service in a wonderful, traditional dining room / restaurant overlooking the square. 13.95 for two courses was very good value. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for one night to visit Chatsworth and carry on my road trip. The hotel is set on a small round about in the centre of the town and walking distance to everywhere. I was greeted by a chap in reception who gave me a key, let me know where my room was, offered to carry my bags and pointed out the car park which is across the road.

My room was nicely appointed, very clean, and included (tea and coffee making facilities and an ironing board) the bathroom full of goodies. The towels are fluffy and white.

I had a good walk around the town and as it was so hot, decided on a couple of drinks at the bar and bar food, although there is s restaurant and a sister pizza restaurant next door.

I had a salmon fish cake and chips. Sadly the salmon fish cake had some kind of unadvertised melted white cheese in it (why) and the chips were a bit soggy.

Both locals and tourists seem to use the Rutland which is nice.

Although it’s on a busy road and a sweltering night without aircon I had a great sleep on a comfortable bed and woke refreshed.

Breakfast is included and I had a lovely window seat to enjoy my smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. The breakfast menu is extensive and there is a help yourself continental style offering also included.

The only grip is the mindless radio that plays in the bar and also in the breakfast room. Invest in decent music or please turn it off.

I would stay here again.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 13 June 2018

I stayed in this hotel last week as it is very near to Chatsworth RHS Show and just a 5 minute drive to the wonderful Haddon Hall. There is a shuttle bus service from Bakewell to Chatsworth which was very helpful. I loved the ambience of this hotel, the excellent food, the good staff. My room was fine, comfortable and clean, not as roomy as more modern soulless hotels. No lifts, but the staff are very helpful with heavy cases. Altogether a charming hotel. Would go there again.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 21 May 2018

Like a lot of places in Bakewell (the town that time forgot) this place looks exactly as if it hasn't been touched since the 1920s. Staff are pleasant enough, there's a small seating eating/drinking area streetside, reasonable choice of food and drink but oh is it old fashioned in a sad way! Didn't see the rooms but can imagine..............

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 21 May 2018

Ate here for lunch with two young children. Food options were excellent, good quality and good location. Good choice of beers and soft drinks. Very well run and good service

Date of visit: May 2018