Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Setting up a coffee shop course review

We had a great day at Hartingtons for their coffee shop course. It was insightful, helpful and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Trip20430738146
via mobile
Artisan bread making

My Mom and I recently enjoyed a fantastic day at Hartingtons learning how to make some delicious... read more

Reviewed 27 September 2018
Lisa B

All reviews cheese making edible plants experienced cook pies tutor julie cookery skills techniques masterclass school foraging cauliflower structured limes knowledge snow
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

I have pondered long and hard about whether to write this review.

I participated in the French bread course earlier this year.

The day was interesting and the group I was with enjoyed our day but there were a couple of things which made the day 'not quite perfect.'

Firstly, the cost. The day was £145. Although the day was enjoyable, I felt the cost was too high. Ingredients were supplied, and lunch was provided.

The other issue was the sheer temperature of the room. It was a warm day and the cookery school was at the top of the building. Because of the need to prove the bread, the air conditioning was turned off and it was unpleasantly hot.

After any experience, I ask myself if I would do it again.

The simple answer is that I would enjoy the opportunity to bake with friends but not at this price.

3  Thank WizzyDerbyshire
Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

Chris who does the course is great
You wander down the nearby lanes looking for the edible plants & trying some of them
The later eating them ,what could be better on one of the most beautiful towns in England

3  Thank Alfred63
cdh39, Owner at Hartingtons of Bakewell, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Both Chris and Rose are in the true sense experts and Chris brings his love of cooking and foraging together on this unique day course. They are also possibly the nicest most lovely people you will ever meet. Always a pleasure to see what 'natures larder' can supply.

Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

What a lovely day!
I had a fantastic time on the Thai cookery course today- very informative in a lovely friendly environment. The teacher, Kwang, was very helpful and approachable. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Letty H
Reviewed 1 May 2016

An amazing day. We achieved so much. Darren was a great teacher. I feel much more confident in the kitchen. I am cooking much more and taking on new challenges .Get yourself to Bakewell and try it out for yourself. Thinking of trying the brewing course next.

Thanks Hartingtons

John Rodger

1  Thank johnrodger
Reviewed 14 April 2016

This is the third time I have been to Hartington's School of Food and I have never been disappointed.
Last Saturday I attended the chocolate making course and it was the best yet. Libby the tutor was very knowledgeable about chocolate and explained everything at a pace that suited everyone.
We all came away with lots of lovely looking chocolates and truffles in lovely presentation boxes and bags, They tasted great too. Definitely made me want to continue making chocolates at home.
Look out family, it's chocolates for birthdays and Christmas from now on.

1  Thank Alison Y
hartingtons, Owner at Hartingtons of Bakewell, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2016

Thanks for your lovely review and we are glad we have fired up your enthusiasm for chocolate making. We hope to see you again soon.