“Blacklab”

Price range: US$5 - US$9
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Wyes Waters Tea Rooms is located in the heart of Bakewell just off Granby Road. We serve a large range of hot and cold drinks including traditional loose leaf teas and fruit teas and Pollards ground coffees served in our signature cafetieres. We have a large, all day menu which includes full English breakfasts, homemade soups and quiches, hearty lunches such as steak pie and vegetables, snacks like toasties and jacket potatoes and a delicious selection of desserts. We also have daily specials.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

visited last year and really enjoyed the chunky vegetable soup, so went again this year for the soup and it came up to expectations. Also has an array of scones, I had the lemon and white chocolate scone which was delicious. The menu is extensive, all looks really nice. The cafe is dog friendly and the couple serving made a big fuss of her. Recommend this cafe

Reviewed 12 September 2018

I have no idea where other reviewers were visiting, I can only assume there are two Wyes Waters in Bakewell that have exactly the same frontages as my experience of this tea shop was dreadful.

Four of us visited on 8th September. I had quiche and salad - the quiche was not fresh and my friend who also had quiche said she could make it better. The other two people had soup, one of which described it as 'disgusting'.

Also, I personally don't think it is appropriate for waiting staff to lean on the table whilst taking our orders.

Such a shame that our short visit to Bakewell (which seems a beautiful place) will forever be remembered for the awful lunch we had there.

Absolutely, categorically do not recommend eating here under any circumstances. Ever.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

There's nothing good about this place. Firstly, the chap who I take to be the owner, felt it appropriate to lean on the table and invade my personal space when taking the order - a very cringey experience. The soup was disgusting, completely stewed and loaded with salt. Worst meal and cafe I can recall in a long time.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

We as a group visited first week of September , looking forward to a refreshment after rambling round beautiful bakewell.
We went straight in and one of us visited the bathroom...for the staff and some of the regulars it became an amusing event and began commenting on us obviously saying how rude our custom had been even though we were about to order tea and tarts, us as a group had never been so uncomfortable and upset that paying customers would be treated in such a way.
Certainly gave Bakewell a negative memory for me.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We spent most of the day packing up the caravan and decided to pop into Bakewell for something to eat before we set off for home.. The welcome was second to none, very friendly owners who made a big fuss of our dog, they asked us if they could give him a treat before giving it to him. When the lamb and mint pies arrived, piled with new potatoes and vegetables we got stuck in and really enjoyed it, the pie was delicious, the best we've had in a very long time We highly recommend it and will definitely be back when we next visit Bakewell