“Only Fresh Bakewell Tart in town”

Bakewell Pudding Parlour
Ranked #8 of 8 Dessert in Bakewell
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Delighted to have found this shop with its deliciously fresh Bakewell tart and friendly staff. Baked on site daily I was informed. I had tried two other shops before this and could only get long shelf life packaged tarts. I really enjoyed the tart!

Reviewed 1 September 2018

Finally managed to find a shop / cafe in Bakewell that sells Gluten Free Bakewell Tarts and Puddings and what a wonderfull friendly shop it was.
Friendly cheerfull service taking time to chat to the kids.
The Gluten Free Bakewell Tarts and Puddings were both excellent, though if i had to name a favorite, i'd say the pudding! Eaten that night with hot custard - highly recommended.
All reasonably priced served with a smile!
Only regret was that we didn't buy more - though i will be now i've found out you can on-line!
Also wish we'd of brought the Bakwell Pudding Flapjack - but you can't have everything!

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Last Wednesday (22nd August) we visited Bakewell, one of our favourite local places to visit. On feeling hungry we decided to buy sandwiches from the Bakewell Pudding Parlour, having bought delicious sandwiches from there years ago. On the board outside was chalked "hot roast pork with stuffing roll", my husband decided to have that. We stepped in to queue and there was only young (pleasant) girl serving. Whilst waiting a queue formed at the other side where the ice creams were. One female staff came through from the back at one stage but the queue from the ice creams ended up joining our queue. So poor girl serving was rushed off her feet. She stayed calm and pleasant. I chose a turkey breast sandwich. When we asked for the hot roast pork with stuffing sandwich she said there was none left, nor something else, so my husband didn't fancy anything else and decided not to bother. When we took my sandwich and husband's lovely chips which we bought from the chip shop opposite, to the local park to eat, I was very disappointed with the turkey in my sandwich. The meat was very dark and very tough so I ended up leaving it. Fortunately I had said yes to salad in my sandwich so I had a salad sandwich, but the best thing about my meal was the pack of Seabrooks crinkled crisps which I bought in the shop! Very disappointing, didn't enjoy my lunch and now won't be going there again. Shame.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Treated ourselves to medium bakewell tart, tried a couple of slices when we arrived home - what a disappointment, barely any jam, consistency of a soggy sponge couple of almonds on the top. If that is a true bakewell tart it must be a tourist version - bland, lacking quality customer never to be seen again. Unfortunately we live 50 miles away as if lived nearer I would have asked for my £4.20 back and gone elsewhere.

1  Thank Christine H
Reviewed 11 July 2018

On Saturday 30th June my friends and I did a detour on our way home from The Heights of Abraham via Bakewell just to get some puddings. We visited the Bakewell Pudding Parlour at about 6pm, we'd checked and it should've closed at 11pm.

However when we entered the woman behind the counter said they were closing. I protested but she wasn't listening, and when I said we just wanted to buy 3 puddings to take away and we weren't eating in she again just shrugged.

We then went to the Wheatsheaf pub instead where the staff were friendly and the puddings were delicious. So avoid this place and just head straight there instead!

1  Thank Junaid A