“Excellent value for money”

Bakewell Fish & Chips
Ranked #27 of 91 Restaurants in Bakewell
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2018

Had a wonderful meal here in June at a reasonable cost. The fish were expertly cooked and very tasty. Although it was very busy the staff were cheerful and friendly. It was very clean too.

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

We visited this chippy today & bought haddock & chips for just under £6. The fish was pindered but we didn't notice the chips underneath were totally dried out & very, very greasy. We returned to the shop to complain with the chips but they weren't interested. At that price you would expect to be able to eat it.
Julie & Doris

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Not great chips and the fish and the sausage had no taste. It was greasy.
Staff are friendly but it was overpriced. Most of ours went in the bin .

Reviewed 27 June 2018

The tartare sauce, omfg, its far to delicious to even describe. I absolutely hate the packets you get but this was homemade, actual homemade. Its so fabulous no words can describe it.

I had cod and chips and my partner and his mum the haddock.

The chips are the best chip shop chips I've ever had and I'm not a fan of them but these just rocked.

However I felt the fish was a little greasy but when everything else was spot on its nothing to complain about really.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

We were visiting Bakewell for the afternoon so thought we would give this place a go....Fish and chips served in restaurant setting.

Husband had cod and chips which was one the nicest he has tasted for a while. Crispy batter and flavoursome fish.

I had cheese and onion pie (veg option) which was OK. More pastry than filling.

Worth a visit but vegetarian options not great.