See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 December 2016

Had a 2 night stay to visit the Xmas Market in nearby Bath. Francoise gave a friendly reception and the room was a good sized comfortable double at the front of the house. Breakfast was very nice with good choice. Bradford on Avon itself is a very pleasant little town with several pubs which offer food. The Bear does very good pies and large helpings! The Barge also served very nice food with a wider choice. Access to Bath is fairly easy

Date of stay: December 2016
1  Thank Michael W
Reviewed 24 August 2016

Francoise is so warm and friendly, Room was Lovely and Breakfasts were great. We really enjoyed our stay with you.

So convenient for visits to both Bath and Wells.

There is a good choice of venues for Evening Meals in the Village (about 10 min walk)

Date of stay: August 2016
1  Thank rsharvin
Reviewed 2 August 2016

I needed a room for just one night on my way west and found this Bed and Breakfast gem on line. The house is on the outskirts of the town, but you can walk into the centre within minutes. The house is run by a lady called Francoise and she keeps the whole place meticulously clean and tidy. My room was very comfortable and I had everything I needed for the one night stay. Her service was impeccable and she could not have been more helpful. Breakfast was prepared at a time to suit me and the food was top quality and served in a wonderfully stylish room. I can wholeheartedly recommend this place.

Room tip: It's a large house and I'm not sure how many rooms there are. I believe they are all upstairs.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2016 via mobile

It has been over a year since we stayed at Alisa House so we were looking forward to returning there.We stayed for three nights and it was just as good as we remembered.Francoise,the owner, was as attentive as ever.
The rooms are comfortable and the hospitality tray is well stocked and includes bottles of water.There is plenty of choice for breakfast,cereal,fruit,yoghurt,toast and,of course,freshly prepared English breakfast.
As the weather was good,we walked to and from Bradford on Avon. The walk from Alisa house takes about 10 minutes and is quite a pleasant stroll.
There are plenty of good plenty of good places to eat in Bradford on Avon.We enjoyed visiting The Teapot during day and having their version of Club sandwich. For the evening meals, we visited The Dandy Lion and Barge Inn which were as good as we remembered. On our third night,we visited The Bear Inn which was recommended by Francoise.They specialise in home made pies which are accompanied by mash and seasonal vegetables. My husband had The Somerset Chicken Pie and I had Pulled Pork Pie,both were excellent.There are two sizes of pie,large or junior. The "junior"pie was more than ample to satisfy our appetites with amount of vegetables and mash that accompanied the pies.Our only gripe is that we could done with a bit more gravy. We will certainly return to The Bear Inn to sample some of their other pies.

Date of stay: March 2016
1  Thank susan L
Reviewed 27 October 2015

Yes, the glowing reviews posted by other guests at this excellent b&b are fully justified! We stayed there five days in October and found it an ideal base for exploring Bradford on Avon (walkable) and also the surrounding area. Our stay was made all the more pleasant by the charming owner, Francoise, who prepares probably the best scrambled eggs on toast in the world! Her advice on interesting places to visit, such as the walk to Avon Cliff, and on good places to eat, proved very useful. would not hesitate to stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2015