“A refreshing change”
Review of The New Inn

The New Inn
Price range: US$7 - US$65
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Local village pub serving good food and beers. Open log fires in the winter and dogs are welcome.
Bradford on Avon
“A refreshing change”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We went on a Friday Evening with some friends. Although we all lived fairly locally it was one of those places that you pass and always mean to go into.
The pub had a traditional look and feel to it and had a good menu and specials board. We all ordered different starters and main courses. When the food arrived it was very well presented. The starters were all superb. Just could not fault them. Then the main courses arrived. Excellent!!! We just had to finish off with a pudding. Big mistake but only for my waist line. I have been since and have always taken guests. Always 1st class!

3 Thank David L

Trowbridge, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Took my parents out for Sunday lunch, the food and the service were second to none.
I have been here a couple of times before and can honestly say I love this place for the welcome, the real pub atmosphere and the quality food.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank greg s
Bath, United Kingdom
“Very good food”
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We ended up here by accident after a very a good morning spent with Trowbridge walking forum so were hungry.

The staff were charming and attentive and gave us a lot of information about where they sourced the food. The restaurant serves a lot of game but I orderred the cod on rissoto and my husband the mussels with chips. I very rarely eat chips but they were far too delicious not to sample.

For dessert I ordered the very good rosewater cheesecake , not cooked in house and my husband had the lemon tart, both served with ice cream. We will definately be back especially for a Sunday roast after reading Trip advisor reviews.

One small criticism - I felt it was rather expensive for lunch, our bill with a round of drinks was £45. If they did a more reasonably priced set lunch in the week we would be very regular customers.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank Scumptiousfood
Bath, United Kingdom
“Simply the best .....”
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Loving food, The New Inn, is quite a find ! Not only is it a great pub, but has good food to go with ! It's a pub with good food and not the gastro pub as otherwise said. As a regular now for Sunday roast, the beef is to die for. You can certainly get cheaper, but in today's market, it's what you get for your money. I would say, it's a nice pub ... Serves good quality food, at reasonable prices. If you want, 2 for 1, it won't be for you, but for something nice and different, your love it ! A definate must try

• Visited August 2011
hampshire
“Overpriced lunch, mediocre at best”
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Visiting Bradford once again decided to venture just outside for a spot of lunch. Easy to find and first impressions are good with a larger than expected interior that was well laid out with plenty of free tables.
Service was good though slightly frantic with the bar maid literally running around like the blue bottomed fly thus creating a slightly unrelaxed atmosphere. I feel mean saying this but a little too keen and being asked if you enjoyed your meal three times is too much and a little annoying especially when you are trying to chat and indeed eat.
I found the menu adequate, it would of been helpful to have a simple print off of the equally sized specials board as its not ideal standing by the door over other customers to read it. I opted for the venison burger. priced at £10.95 this was one of the cheaper mains and rather expensive for a pub lunch. It was upon arrival quite dry,came with only a bread bottom and no tomato as stated , it was no more than average in flavour, would I choose it again , no.
I am not quite sure what has happened, in that most pubs we visit have lunches around the £8 max mark and it now seems the trend to take the prices well over ten pounds is catching on.
I notice from earlier reviews the prices seem to of shot up, is this a wise move in the current climate only time will tell but for us its too pricey for a pub lunch.

• Visited August 2011