“A Little Gem”

Orangemabel
Ranked #1 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Alcester
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Lovely quirky colourful Tudor interior serving a variety of food, leaf teas, speciality coffee's and fully licenced with WiFi. Full breakfast menu, lunches & specials menu. We specialise in Vintage Style Afternoon High Tea with Prosecco served in Babycham glasses our speciality A selection of Cakes like you have never seen before! Fully Licenced & Free WiFi
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We popped-in here for lunch whilst staying at a local Hotel & Spa near by. What a little gem of a place. Full of character. Food was very good and the service excellent. Would certainly recommend a visit.

orangemabel, Owner at Orangemabel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Next time you treat yourself try our garden its officially summer! thanks for review and lovely for us to read this

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

My friend travelled down from Stoke to visit for a weekend, obviously I had to take her to Orange Mabel!
The food was beautiful with a vast amount of choice, ideal for her as she is gluten free! & the staff were their usual bubbly selves, so kind & attentive. The staff & aesthetics give off such a lovely atmosphere
The manager even took her time to take a photo of us so we had a memento
Will definitely be going again, no doing next time my friend visits she will request it

Big thanks! so great for the team to read this. Our GF are really popular & we are doing more Vegan too now so maybe try some next visit!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Easter Bank Holiday Monday 2nd April 18, My husband and I went down to his father’s home in Wilmcote near Stratford-on-Avon to take him out to celebrate his 97th Birthday.

We took Fred in the car to the village of Alcester to go to ‘The Orange Mabel Tearoom’, where my husband and I are treating him to the ‘Afternoon Tea Experience’.

We arrived on a cold damp afternoon. The shop was painted a lovely pale grey and blue and was very inviting. On entry to the tearoom we were welcomed by a lovely warm atmosphere. We were also welcomed by Shae and Jen, two wonderful young ladies with very charming personalities who wished us a very Happy Easter and showed us to a table for three on the right side of the tearoom.

Shea and Jen both served us. We were given menus to look at too decided what drinks and which ‘afternoon tea’ we would have. Besides the afternoon tea there were lots of nice things to choose from. My husband and I chose the ‘Vintage’ afternoon tea and Fred the Birthday Boy had the ‘Mini’ afternoon tea. My husband and Fred had a big pot of tea.

I had the ‘scrumylicious’ hot chocolate which came with whipped cream and marshmallows, and was truly delicious. Later on I did have an Elderflower presse, which was nice and light and very refreshing.

Afternoon Tea came presented on a lovely ‘Vintage’ cake stand and had a nice selection of sandwiches with four nice fillings (Egg & Cress, Salmon & Cucumber, Cheese, and Coronation Chicken) served with a crisp garnish salad, home-made coleslaw and crisps. There were slices of lemon drizzle cake, orange & raspberry cake and chocolate cake. There were lovely soft scones which were served with strawberry jam and Cornish clotted cream. The tea came in a large pot made with fresh tea, no teabags in sight - perfect for my husband and his dad.

All the staff came and sang ‘Happy Birthday’ to Fred, which brought a big smile to his face as he was celebrating his ‘97th’ Birthday. Jen commented to me that he did not look his age – which is perfectly true. Fred’s chocolate cake even had a candle on it! it was a lovely gesture from all the staff.

Drinking from vintage china cups reminded my husband of tea at his granddads when he was little and it was a really lovely experience.

We indulged in this wonderful feast, the sandwiches were lovely and fresh, the cakes just melted in the mouth and the scones and jam were wonderful. The hot chocolate was delicious. There was also some nice music playing in the background, which was a really nice touch.

Fred said he really loved the tearoom and that everyone had made him feel very welcome and special on his ‘97th’ Birthday. Fred said that he would like to go there again.

THANK YOU TO ALL THE STAFF FOR MAKING HIS DAY SO SPECIAL.

1  Thank Carol B
orangemabel, Owner at Orangemabel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

This review had bought a tear to our eyes. To choose Orangemabel for such a special birthday is an absolute pleasure & honour WE can't thank you enough! It really is what we are about 'making people happy' and thank you so much for taking time to write this the team really do appreciate this. We would love to see you all again & Fred will be Star of the Show again of course!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Whilst the sandwiches and crisps were of a generally high quality in afternoon tea, I felt that the remainder of the food and drink let them down. The regular tea was rather limp lettuce like; I should have gone with my gut and requested a speciality tea. The pistachio and rose cake was dense and dry, and tasted of neither rose nor pistachio, but instead of overwhelming sweetness. The scones were distinctly stodgy and the jam served with it also suffered from being sweet in favour of tasting of anything. The small person made a point of saying that her sparkle cake looked better than it tasted, and that kind of summed up the entire experience for me.

It is worth noting that other members of our party would like to note that the caramel cake on the other hand was delicious and the coffee had a wonderful flavour.

orangemabel, Owner at Orangemabel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

We do take complaints very seriously and have spoken to team that served you and they don't remember you ordering tea. Our manager Shae had asked if everything was OK & distinctly rememeberes you said you had enjoyed it.
If ever there is anything at Orangemabel you are not happy with PLEASE let us know at time we will replace anything you are not happy with in fact its our policy that 'Orangemabel make people Happy' and we honestly thought we had.
As you know from our extensive Leaf Tea Menu the choices like your Coffees are really quite extensive. Especially sorry you didn't enjoy the Rose & Pistachio or 'Green Cake' as we affectionately call it or our best selling Angel Cake we honestly have never had a complaint about these before.
So please don't go away disappointed again Alyssia just let us know as soon as possible and while you are there

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Went with my 10 year old granddaughter for tea on her birthday.
My first time but what a lovely place clean tidy and different with nice tea cups etc and proper tea.
The young lady serving was very nice and when she found out it was brought her a slice of cake with a candle, lovely touch.
Try it you will not be disappointed.

2  Thank JHA4139