“Omg my favourite new place !”

The Refreshment Rooms
Ranked #3 of 269 Restaurants in Birkenhead
Price range: US$14 - US$27
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This is a fantastic victorian pub, fully refurbished with an eye to the past.Positioned on the banks of the River Mersey with views over to Liverpool,we serve great home made food seven days a week 12pm til 9pm and carry up to six real ales from local micro breweries. We are family friendly, have a lovely beer garden, we have early week promos inc over 60s all day Mon, Tue and Wed.
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

This place is so cool!!... hidden away with the nicest staff and food in a relaxed atmosphere .... i would deffo reccomnend it to anyone .... im so glad i found it x

1  Thank Lesley H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,030)

Reviewed 6 January 2018

My wife and I visited the refreshment rooms on 27th of December 2017 having gone out for a walk around port sunlight river park.we were looking for a quick bite to eat and had heard about the restaurant from family. Although it was busy there were a couple of tables available and we were guided to one and presented with menus.I opted for the house special, Steak pie and chips and my wife had the scouse. The food was great, we didn't wait too long for it to be served and it tasted lovely. The staff were really friendly and helpful and could not have done more for us. The atmosphere was relaxed, like the decor and I would recommend anyone to visit this restaraunt.

1  Thank A7990GPstephens
Reviewed 3 January 2018

WOW!! I took my friend out for tea and decided that as she had never been here that was where we would go. having been several times previously and always had amazing food and staff thought it would be a nice treat.
I was not disappointed the food was gorgeous the staff are lovely and have great senses of humour as well.
The atmosphere is relaxed and surroundings are lovely. Tucked away where you would least expect to find such a gem.
Dont tell anyone how good this place is as its hard to get a table already we dont want anyone else finding out about our little secret.
All joking aside try this amazing place you won't be disappointed wether its for breakfast, lunch or dinner you will want to return.
Go and enjoy.

1  Thank Andrea_d18
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Had heard a lot about this place so booked a table of 5 for us on Boxing Day.
The menu was extensive and the food was delicious the only fault came from my teenage son saying he couldn't eat anymore as he was full!!!
This gives an indication on the sizes here. Just go and enjoy the warm reception and the food.

1  Thank ady p
Reviewed 1 January 2018

Food is wonderful. Recommend steak pie, lamb and sea bass. Sticky ribs for starter. Service is constantly good, friendly atmosphere and interesting decor. I've been here loads of times and can't fault it. Looking forward to eating there again soon.