All reviewssaturday nightsmall tvpleasant receptionistsmall hotelcurrybrisketpiping hotroom was clean and comfortablescampihotel barvery pleasant staygreat nightlovely mealstayed here for one nightnear futuretomato breadwell worth a visit
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Had a pleasant visit to the hotel for an evening meeting in the bar area.

The atmosphere was very relaxed, with quite a few groups enjoying drinks. I would recommend it for a few relaxing midweek drinks or a catch up with friends or colleagues.

A fairly recent refurbishment ensures a comfortable time can be spent doing so.

The staff are friendly, particularly Darren, who offered great service and some friendly banter with myself and my colleagues.

I didn't eat but a colleague had a fairly sizeable, tasty burger.

Excellent visit.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

I have stayed in many hotels with work in Northern Ireland, this is the first I have known to have Sky Sports in the room. My meal was well presented and made quickly. I met friends in the bar afterwards and our service was excellent, Darren who was working there brought our drinks was very chatty and joined in with our football conversation. Great service all round and I will be staying again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Had dinner here with family. First time in restaurant and I can honestly say the food was well presented, it was piping hot, and beautifully cooked. The portions were plentiful. In fact I can't complain about anything. Desserts were lovely.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Booked for Saturday evening for myself and a friend. We were early but no problem being seated. Nice menu with a good variety. Service was great, food was really lovely, tasty, and came quickly. Will def be back.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2017

I needed a base for a return visit to Newtownards, but needed public transport into Belfast in order to show a friend that city. The Strangford Arms fitted the bill. The room was clean and comfortable, though my mattress is past its sell by date and the bath/ shower tap is very unstable.The floor under the WC creaks loudly on being sat on, and beware the heat of the towel rail which is very near the WC !!!
That's the negatives out of the way.
The staff are very friendly and helpful, especially the reception who printed off our boarding passes for our return flight. We were able to book into our room at 9 a.m. rather than 3 p.m, a real bonus. Breakfast was a calm, relaxed experience ( beautiful poached eggs). The bar snack we had before leaving for the airport was very tasty and very good value.
The public areas are modern and spotlessly clean.
We stayed midweek and the hotel was very quiet. I have a feeling it is not as quiet on weekends.
The Belfast bus stops right outside the front door of The Strangford and a day return cost £3....... wonderful value.

Room Tip: Room 226 is a triple above the area where beer is delivered, and rolling metal kegs is a noisy activity, especially early in the morning.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends