“Awesome”

Ranked #1 of 83 Restaurants in Newtownards
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

We brought family from Canada and they were amazed at the portion sizes. As usual a fantastic table of meals. All reasonably priced. Katch continues its reputation of fantastic seafood. We can’t help but keep coming back.

1  Thank johncT8608FS

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

This is the 2nd time I've been here for lunch in a matter of weeks and I can honestly say, it's above and beyond all others. The staff are fabulous, friendly and welcoming and the food is on another level.
This time I went for the Portavogie Scampi with my choice of Garlic Fries and my friend chose the Pan Fried Cod in a Pink Peppercorn Butter with her choice of Sweet Potato Fries. The dishes were pure perfection. Fresh local produce and the portions were excellent. My scampi was fish aplenty with a light crispy batter. None of that mushy mess that contains very little fish and a mountain of undercooked batter that you find in a lot of restaurants. Also the wine is chosen with thought for the customer. They certainly don't serve the cheap so called house wine at exaggerated prices. Delicious fruity white for me and a full bodied red for my friend. If you haven't yet ventured down to Kircubbin then you now have a reason to do so. TOP CLASS ALL THE WAY..

1  Thank Donnalynnok
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Stopped off for a late lunch...it was delicious. We both choose the soup and sandwich combo at £7.95. There was a choice of 3 soups though we both choose the spicy tomato..yummy with a good ‘kick’. My sandwich on granary bread was packed full of salad and chicken. My husband loved his tuna and onion also on granary bread. No hesitation recommending and will return!

1  Thank Margaret B
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Beautiful drive to Kurcubbin on a Saturday evening
And we where totally blown away by this unbelievable Seafood restaurant.
We arrived and greeted by a lovely girl called Brenda
Super friendly and so nice
Ordered a bottle of red and off we went with our starters
A platter of home made breads and oils / Tampede
I am a bread girl and this was simply mouth watering
Main course we both had Seabass with prawns in garlic butter
Cooked to perfection
Champ ... a big favourite of mine
And the side vegetables where crispy crunchy buttery perfection
This is gona be on my to 5 ...
With 10 stars from us
P.S Marco the floor staff went above and beyond hospitality

2  Thank yvonnem241
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Visited Katch 27 this evening for the first time. We had heard only positive reviews so were expecting good food. It didn't disappoint.... from service to food it was a great evening. Thank you. Will definitely be again and pass on recommendations.

2  Thank CCampbell83