“Very Impressed”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2018

I am rarely impressed by any restaurant anywhere in the world as there is usually some issue.

Went to Romas on Friday night past for my mother's 65th birthday dinner. I have never been before but Mum asked to go there and truth be told I wasn't expecting much.

First of all there is good sized car parking bays right outside the restaurant so that was a big plus.

The establishment looked very nice with good quality, tasteful decor and a element of cosy yet modern.

The staff in the bistro part of the business were very warm, friendly and super efficient.

The menu wasn't over fancy but wasn't boring either and all 6 courses between 3 of us were of very good quality ingredients cooked to absolute perfection.

The ambiance was good, nice tables and very comfortable seating in the bistro.

So with a mixture of on top of their game waiting staff, excellent chef, good quality food and very pleasant surroundings made this the best meal out I have had in 2018 so far and that includes vastly more expensive restaurants which leads me onto my next point.... the meal overall came to a very reasonable price so tick, tick and tick they didn't put a foot wrong.

Excellent meal / evening and will most definitely be returning.

Thanks for reading

1  Thank The Very A

Reviewed 30 August 2018

Never had a problem with the service and when food was ordered it came quickly, possibly because it was outside 'normal' meal times. Quality and quantity was satisfactory.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I took my wife out shopping and called in for something to eat, she ordered a pie and chips and I ordered scampi, the pie was dry as anything, it seemed as if it had been in the oven too long, my scampi was OK but I have had better elsewhere, it will be along time before I eat in Romans and again

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed our lunch at Romas! The scampi was really amazing and the fries were delicious. Service could have been a bit better though.

Reviewed 23 August 2018

Lovely meal, shame about the service, waited 1 hour for our meal. Customer smoking e- cigarette at next table, not impressed.