“Best chip shop ever.”
Review of The Cod Father

The Cod Father
Ranked #25 of 83 Restaurants in Newtownards
Reviewed 15 December 2017

Really great chip shop. Staff always lovely and the food is perfect - every single time. Gorgeous food, great portion sizes and really great service. What more could you ask for? Gorgeous chips, gorgeous fish, gorgeous dips - everything is so yummy and so well cooked.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Call in to the codfather as we fancied so fish and chips. A young server called John took my order. He was very helpful and explained everything as I never order in there before. We ordered 2 fish and in no time they were ready as everything seems to be cooked fresh. They we also talking telephone orders as well for collection. When I got home and opened the food he had chips in there as well. The batter was also great and not to greasy or stoggy Some of the chip shops don't give even a couple of chips with the fish. The fish was still steaming when I got it home. Will def call again I hope John is on again

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Telephoned order was told 25mins and it was about that. The food was first class and fish was perfection cooked through and the Chicken goujons were beautiful. Two chips more than enough food for 3 people. Speedy service with a smile from Sinead. WELLDONE

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Well named “The Cod Father” really is at the top of the food chain - With freshly made produce served by friendly and polite staff it is a joy to visit this wonderful chippie. Situated near the Bus Station in the heart of Newtownards. Yes you may wait a minute or two longer whilst your food is freshly prepared but that is more than compensated by the fresh crisp light batter on the Cod Gudgeon’s ( A personal favourite ) You will not be disappointed try it and see.

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

I LOVE the food in here. Portions are so generous and the staff are always lovely. I especially love their chip with garlic mayo. Would go nowhere else in Ards to eat. My favourite.