Avarest House
US$142
US$138
US$115
The Port Hotel(Portrush)(Great Value!)
US$126
  • Restaurant
US$206
  • Restaurant
Aaranmore Lodge(Portrush)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$110
US$129
Portrush Holiday Hostel(Portrush)(Great Value!)
US$53
Antrim House(Portrush)
US$173
Portrush Townhouse Accommodation(Portrush)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$169
All reviewssea viewgluten free breakfastlocation is brilliantlots of charactertop floorsmall fridgethree nightswater pressurenice roomportrush harbourcomfortable roomstea coffeeulster frystreet parkingvery pleasant staygreat place to staywould stay here again
Reviewed 18 July 2011

My father first took me to Portrush Northern Ireland and Avarest House in 2003 for a golf trip. I have just returned from my fourth stay and have to say it gets better every time. Booked a wonderful sea view room for 12 days from Sydney and Dawn Pollock, the owners, from July 1 to July 12th and had the best vacation of my life. The room was perfect with a great view of the West strand and Harbor of Portrush. The English breakfast prepared by none other than Sydney himself was fabulous as always. Wonderful hosts that I call my friends! Sydney and Dawn provided me with the best cab service in town,Sean from S and C Taxis, and it was as if I had my own car service. The owners local pub, the Offshore Bar, proved once again to be a great place to meet the locals as Noel and Philma Kennedy provide an excellent atmosphere and the "craic" is great. It is even better that it is located twenty yards from the front door of Avarest House. I will be returning to Portrush again in June and will definitely be booking again at Avarest House. It cannot be beaten. Almost forgot to mention that 55 Degrees North restaurant is a must for dinner and a great view. I ate there 12 times during my stay and found it to be just as great as the last trip. Thanks to all for a great stay and a great time. See you in June!!!! Roger Kinder New Albany, Indiana

Room Tip: Contact the owners
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We had a group of 11 family members staying for 2 days and when we arrived we all wanted to leave. We did however stay since it would have been difficult to find another place for all 11 people. The people running the B&B are all nice and helpful and the breakfast was good. The location is good and the water view is nice if you don't mind that it includes rooftops, hanging laundry and messy yards, which of course the B&B can do nothing about.

WiFi was sporadic. Walking up 3 flights of narrow stairs with luggage was not easy. The bed was fairly comfortable. The linens and rugs are a little worn. Cosmetic things like caulking in the shower are a little messy. Vents were dusty. Mirror in room is at navel level and no chair to sit down.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
spollock, Owner at Avarest House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2011

It is a pity you guys didn't fully enjoy your stay with us, but then reading your other reviews it is easy to see, that we cannot compete with Castles and 5 Star Hotels. If you were looking luxurious rooms you didn't read in any of our property decriptions, we offer clean, comfy, basic accommodation in our family home. Would also like to point out it is very rude and insulting to stay in an Irish mans home and then abuse his hospitality. We would also like to make you aware that if you had arrived at a sensable hour ie not 11 pm we would have been glad to get you accommodation elswhere, even though to get your high standard you probably would have had to travel to Belfast again, as our Dunluce Castle doesn't provide accommodation.

Reviewed 30 May 2011

This is the 3rd time me and my fiancee have been to Portrush in the last 3 years and each time we stay at the Avarest and it just gets better and better. Syd and the gang are really friendly and down to earth and really do make it feel like a home from home. The breakfasts are to die for and the room we stayed in this time was really lovely and clean with a very comfy bed! We shall be back next year for definite!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank suggsy38
Reviewed 28 May 2011

We are staying at Avarest at the moment and I am so impressed I had to go on the free wifi in our room and comment on our experience. My husband and I are travelling around Ireland with 2 friends, Avarest is our 8th accommodation and is BEST by far. The ambiance from the minute you enter the house is most warm and welcoming. The cleanliness is excellent and as for the breakfast's well for a bed and breakfast it is just outstanding quality, we have no need to eat well into the evening after an Avarest breakfast. As we have been travelling for 2 weeks now it was very welcome to do our own laundry at our own leisure. We could also check our emails and catch up with happenings back home. We will be sad to leave Avarest tomorrow and wish we had time to stay longer. Thank you Syd and Dawn for sharing your home and hospitality with us and we will most definately reccommend you to all we know coming this way.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2011

We stayed for one night and found everything nice and clean. The owners were friendly and helpful, the breakfast was really great - homemade full irish breakfast with soda and potato bread. Portrush is a typically british sea bath and the Avarast B&B is a perfect location to stay, if you visit the town and the long strand.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple