All reviews superior room tea room lovely hotel would highly recommend this hotel night stay night porter the ground floor room was large town centre reception staff stayed here for one night lovely breakfast salmon family room an evening meal giants causeway cooked breakfast
Reviewed 23 October 2018

We chose the Magherabuoy House Hotel to come home to and celebrate our daughter's wedding with family. It was a perfect choice for us. Living in Australia meant that we organised everything online and over the telephone. The event manager couldn't have been more helpful and his team were friendly and provided top class service. I really appreciated their flexibility as we developed our plans and the Causeway Suite gave us plenty of room for dancing afterwards. The Carvery was very good with plenty of food, heated plates and professional service.

However, the interior of the House Hotel itself does need a thoughtful refurbishment. For example, the girls toilets were very ordinary so I brought in flowers and a scented diffuser to make them a little pleasant. It is disappointing that inside is "tired" when the exterior is so gorgeous and the team have a great service ethic.

Room tip: Did not stay over at this hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

Went there after booking table by phone. On arrival walking in to stand at a wooden waiting area for 10 mins as lazy staff behind the bar and across the bar spoke to each other about there own social life's. With no interest in taking us to a table... only when I went to the bar and asked the wee lass to get me a table as I have been waiting for table service. ...she was very rude didn't speak just walked to a table and says will this do. No menus left no drinks order taking. Left there 30mins before anyone came back to the table to ask if there was anything else that we would like...maybe a dessert menu...lol. really I said we have been in the building 40 odd minutes and no drink order or food order. So one girl takes drink order....the half pint comes with the Sunday roast deal......so when a pint arrived I asked why.....the bar man whom delivered it said that is what was written down. ..nightmare. so child's meals arrive cold by another staff member 20 mins later the adult meals which are very mediocre and slapped up to us....so after receiving the bill which had the cost of a pint and other extras which were not ordered I complained to management. ..so after almost 2 hours inside the place including having to wait 30 mins to speak to manager only to have the cost off one meal taken off the bill. Won't be back ever.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

The staff in this hotel are lovely my mum son and I loved the place it is so welcoming. Clean large room ,great bathroom with brilliant shower.kettle with tea coffee even biscuit !good hairdryer, and I must say very comfy beds to a 4 star standard at least.The peaceful area off the hotel is just wonderful to relax and unwind. I felt so safe and secure a joy when you have children.The breakfast in the morning is all self serve ,apart from your tea and coffee ,they bring that to your table in pots for you.The cooked breakfast is off a very good standard good bacon and sausages soda bread potato bread egg and mushrooms and also cooked tomatoe and beans and scrambled egg so very tasty. There was a good amount off different cereals,cold milk toaster machine oh and lots off fruit juices and fresh fruits. I very much recommend this hotel to families and couples ,was very sad to leave it’s just a fabulous find ,thank you to all the staff x

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner for a short break never again.. Overpriced.. Dirty.. Food absolutely terrible.. I have rang to speak to someone about this and just keep getting fobbed off spend your money elsewhere

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 23 September 2018

We were in Ireland for almost two weeks, and this is my only negative review. Upon our arrival at the Magherabuoy House Hotel, the desk staff seemed pretty uninterested in anything but having us prepay for the room. I've never seen that done before. On the way to the elevator, the hallway was almost pitch black until one walked through the doorway, at which point a dim motion activated fluorescent light flickered on. Not what you would term upscale. In the hallway leading to our room, an apparent tear in the carpet was repaired with duct tape! The sink in the bathroom was very low and uncomfortable to use. The tv was surprisingly small.
Perhaps some or all of the above could be overlooked if the price were extremely budget friendly, but this was one of the more expensive hotels of the two weeks.
I would take a chance on any other lodging in the area if I were to return.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple