All reviews harry's bar beautiful grounds hidden gem banqueting hall sunday lunch wedding venue wedding reception special thanks turkey relaxed atmosphere excellent food from start to finish a lovely stay family and friends one night stay fantastic hotel afternoon tea
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

A lovely looking hotel with well manicured grounds and loads of character. Plenty of parking, quick check in. Nice room and good meal in Harry's bar next door. Free wifi, although very limited phone reception.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2017

We stayed at Tullylagan with friends, having had a very enjoyable stay on a previous occasion. This time however, was not up to the same standard.
The main hotel looks great and our rooms were very clean and comfortable.
Unfortunately, the restaurant was not open (I think if we had known we would not have booked) and we had to dine in Harry's Bistro, which resulted in a fairly, limited menu.
A new chef has just started, so I guess things are in transition. The food was very good (although my steak was far from my idea of 'well done').
The main issue is with service. After we had finished our meal we were the only people remaining and from that point did not see any staff for a good hour. Fortunately, we did not require anything further, but that is not really the point.
On returning to the bar in the main hotel we were able to get a drink and although there were three parties present, the bar closed at 11:00 and the staff departed, leaving the reception unattended.
Breakfast in the morning and the food was good and the single waiting staff very pleasant, but should we have to ask for a second coffee and a round of toast (which never arrived)?
Overall, although every member of staff was very friendly and pleasant, the service was just not what we would hope to expect in this type of hotel and not in line with our previous experience.
Would we return for a third visit? Probably not.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sackbut58

Dear Guest,

Thank you most sincerely for taking the time to write your constructive comments. We do pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and facilities at the Tullylagan Country House Hotel. Therefore, it saddens me to hear of your experience and I would really welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you in more detail. Please do reach out to me directly and I would be only too delighted to talk to you.

Very Best Wishes

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Many thanks to Tullylagan for giving my daughter and son in law a very special day.
A massive thanks to Andrew and his staff for their expertise throughout the entire day.
Also to the Chefs and staff for a marvellous reception,excellent food and organisation.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. Weddings are such a magical time at the Tullylagan Country House and our staff always go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that all guests have an amazing experience and offer exceptional and impeccable service.
I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Estate very soon.

Very Best Wishes,

Reviewed 23 June 2017

The best thing about Tullylagan House is its imposing exterior and surrounding grounds. Once inside, the all-dark-brown furniture and iffy carpeting soon set the mood for a place that isn't really trying on the welcome-the-guest front. The bedroom I got was spartan - 2 single beds, one small pillow per bed. Shower water cold, and only after a long tiume turned lukewarm. The room was supplied with tea and coffee sachets, but no kettle to buil the water with. Kettle was requested - twice - and never showed up.

My friend and I ate in the hotel - food was a standard I would describe as "acceptable". Breakfast: had been looking forward to the famous Ulster fry - but what turned up at the table was what my wife calls a "hairy bacon" breakfast - tough rashers, stodgy soda farls, mediocre sausage, fried egg tasting of the rancid fat it was cooked it. Suffice to say that I left on the second day without asking for breakfast.

Do yourself a favour and avoid this place.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
7  Thank Tony_and_Aisling
Management response:Responded 17 July 2017

Hi Tony,

Thank you for taking some time to leave your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
Please contact me on info@tullylaganhotel.com to discuss further.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed overnight to celebrate our wedding anniversary and loved every minute. Beautiful grounds and very friendly staff. The restaurant was delicious and both the dinner and breakfast were thoroughly enjoyable. Very good value and highly recommended

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank juliewhitmon

Dear Guest,

Thank you most sincerely for submitting your glowing comments. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We do pride ourselves on our food offering and no matter where you eat at the Tullylagan, you will enjoy the best of classic Irish cooking.

Please do return for another visit where I and my team will be thrilled to welcome you back.

Very Best Wishes,