All reviews wine shop scones wine list cream tea terrace restaurant huge bathroom roll top bath four poster included afternoon tea open fire ring road for sunday lunch fresh milk special occasion roast beef bar area home made
Reviewed 14 June 2017

We stayed at the Old Bridge hotel on the night of our wedding and we could not have hoped for anything more. We arrived late by boat, and the reception staff were welcoming and knew exactly where we were, despite the fact that they had another wedding going on at the same time. Our room was luxurious and spotlessly clean - with a lovely bathroom, robes and toiletries. We were overlooking the main ring road but it was lovely and quiet. The stand out part of our stay was the breakfast which was served in our room the following morning - smoked salmon and scrambled eggs to die for with some other treats (yogurt, brioche etc)- all delivered to our room. We were particularly impressed by the customer service - having woken up earlier than planned and requested breakfast an hour earlier than originally ordered, this was arranged with no issues and again the staff all seemed to know who were were - a real personal touch that made the whole experience really special. We'll be back to stay again, and this time hope to enjoy dinner too. Many thanks for an excellent stay.

Room tip: Room 25 was beautiful
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
OBWS, Owner at The Old Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

Firstly - congratulations!

Secondly thank you so much for your positive review. It's great to hear you had such a lovely start to married life at The Old Bridge and I hope we can be the scene of many more stays in the future!

John Hoskins and all the team at The Old Bridge

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Just had a night with dinner at The Old Bridge. It was great. Food was brilliant, service was spot on. The place is lovely. Wine shop was great fun. A really perfect night away. Would highly recommend.

Date of stay: June 2017
OBWS, Owner at The Old Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Thank you Kaffacakes that was very kind of you to write - really appreciate such positive feedback.
Best wishes from John Hoskins and all the team at The Old Bridge

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed a great meal and stay with my partner for her birthday. Hotel and Staff were great, food was loverly and room was well appointed and very comfortable.

Got a decent deal for room and food, would definitely stay again.

OBWS, Owner at The Old Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Thank you very much Mikey, I'm delighted you enjoyed the birthday treat! I hope we can see you again soon.
Best wishes
John Hoskins and all the team at The Old Bridge

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Spent the last night as a Miss and first night as a Mrs at The Old Bridge. Visited the pub few times before in the winter as I love the cosy fire and the atmosphere. There was an initial problem with the booking as I have booked 3 rooms a while in advance but got sorted really quick by a very efficient manager (think he was called Steve if I don't make a mistake). I do have to apologise to him as I think I was a bit of a bridezilla but he dealt with me in a very caring and professional way.
My 4 poser room had an incredible bath. The room was comfortable and I loved the character of the furniture. Spotless clean room and bathroom. I am often dissatisfied by hotel bathrooms but this was one of the best. Loved the bathtub and was the.perfect way of relaxing before a stressful and busy wedding day.
Breakfast was great both mornings and arrived quick and nicely presented.
The hotel staff was really nice and accommodating. I would definitely stay here again as I loved the charm or the place. Room I staid in was no. 6 and had a gorgeous view of the river. Although next to the main ring road had no problems with traffic noise.

1  Thank 174ancaa
OBWS, Owner at The Old Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Anna that's a very important review for all of us at The OB. It's great to hear you enjoyed it so much. Stephen Norman (the manager you refer to) will be delighted.
Thanks so much and good luck in your married life.
John Hoskins

Reviewed 11 May 2017

Needed a room for the night and this was the only one available in the area, £188 so steep but no choice, however pet friendly and we had a dog, room decent size with ac unit and very good shower, old furniture and a 20 year old B&O tv but okay, staff helpful food okay but forgot vegetables but quickly sorted.
However breakfast was a disaster sat at a table with stains and salt on it which the lady who I assume had worked the breakfast run for a very long time saw the salt but seemed unable to see the dirty marks, I mentioned it again and was asked if I wished to move but had sat down by then and could not be bothered to move, she still did not wipe the marks!.
Okay ordered breakfast, coffee came, and toast? wife went to cold counter no bowls, 15 minutes went by no food asked why, told on its way, after 25 min we left!.
Night before staff helpful everything generally okay the morning breakfast ruined it, I think that some new staff might improve the situation as I could not help thinking we was a nuisance to them not a customer, I own Hotels so I recognise the signs.
Overall not too bad but in my opinion not worth the money, you should get your ordered veg and breakfast in a timely manner and not to be made to feel your the problem and would have been nice to have been offered more coffee and a "sorry its taking so long" also 10 guests in the room the others had been served so only two to cook, one being scrambled eggs over 25 minutes! still angry as I was hungry

1  Thank Ray B
OBWS, Owner at The Old Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2017

Hello Ray B

Sorry to hear about your disappointment at breakfast. As you know (when the team apologised and took £40 off your bill) we made a basic mistake - the Chefs failed to get the order cheque, hence the delay. I do apologise for this and also if the team did not come across as sufficiently concerned or caring - that is something for which we are normally well known.

John Hoskins