“Off the cuff ”

Ranked #6 of 129 Restaurants in Newry
Cuisines: European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family friendly Restaurant situated on the Belfast Road just off the A1 at Newry. Open Seven days a week serving breakfast, lunch & evening meals also offering Sunday carvery. We open late nights Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We use the freshest local ingredients and have an impressive wine & cocktail list alongside our beers, craft beers & cider & spirits. Find us on Facebook or visit our website.
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Called in last Monday with the wife just of the cuff for lunch. Food and service were excellent, highly recommend the rare steak sandwich cooked to perfection

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Three of went for a meal on a Sunday night.We are all pensioners. One friend went into to check if our booking table was free. On his way out he came down the steps at front as opposed to the ramp which he had gone up first. The next thing we knew he slipped and fell heavily. We got out to help him and were relieved he was not seriously injured. His head missed the steps by inches. The foot path at the front entrance was like a bottle. Mind you the ramp was not a lot better.
I was furious that a busy restaurant could not be bothered to salt the entrances and look after the safety of its customers.
When we went in we complained to a barman and s girl also behind the bar. They stared at us with blank faces instead of alerting the manager whoever that may have been and salting the entrances. No one did anything.
We ordered our meals and ordered a White wine,a red wine and a rose wine. We received two red wines and a White wine. My friend was shook up at the fall and drank some of it before he realised it was rose he should have had. The Polish lady waitress offered to change it but he was embarrased and declined.
I had tempura prawns which came with a few noodles and I ordered chunky chips. My friends had Cisco chicken and chips. Nothing special and smallish. The other man had a beef brisket bap and some slaw and sweet potato fries. Nothing special.
We were surprised that there was no one front of house meeting,greeting or checking everyone was ok.
The waitress once asked us.
We had difficulty getting her attention to order coffee's and our bill.
Whilst the food was ok,the place is clean and busy it lacks personality and management. The fare was ok but nothing special.
We paid our bill and had to brave the slippy exits to get to our car. No one had did anything to salt the entrances.
I don't think it's value for money and for all you get it's overpriced.

2  Thank Francis M
Reviewed 4 February 2018

Stopped by here recently as I’ve heard a few people in work rave about it . Well I must admit they maybe havnt been around as much as me lol I had very high expectations.
Most certainly nothing to complain about nice food , friendly staff will certainly go back for lunch again soon . Nightmare to get parked is the only problem it has but well worth a visit

2  Thank paddy b
Reviewed 4 February 2018

Don't get me wrong I am a great fan of number seven and food is excellent, the only downfall is the menu, it's seems to never change and in three weeks you will be disappointed, maybe the chef and owners like to keep it simple, as I said I am a fan and would recommend it but not regularly. The staff are very good and can't be faulted.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Ordered the roast dinner .
Very disappointed as the beaf was nt good. Almost like braising steak. Not like roast beef as described.
Chewy and left most of it.
Put us right off visiting again.
When we complained we did nt even get any reduction in our bill.