“Lovely place and great food”
Review of Murphys

Murphys
Ranked #7 of 128 Restaurants in Newry
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Cuisines: Chinese, Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Beautiful lounge bar & restaurant, beer garden and fairy gardean for the little ones. located beside Slieve Gullion forest park, outstanding views, fabulous carvery lunches, extensive a la carte menu, and daily specials. We cater for all types of occasions , communions, confirmations, christenings, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, funerals and many more.
Reviewed 28 November 2017

We called in for lunch after visiting Slievegullion Forest and it ws a lovely warm place and the food was excellent

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

We visited here after a recommendation.... basic is as complimentary as I can go!!!

My first impression of menu was not good. It literally had everything under the sun.... not a good start.

To be safe if ordered the fillet steak - assuming that would be a safe bet. Unfortunately it was the worst steak I’ve ever tasted ( I left half).

The restaurant is a pub that is serving substandard grub. Very disappointed would not recommend.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Was here earlier after being recommened by a work colleague, we arrived to see their lovely fairy garden which my daughter loved, found there was a carvery upstairs so we went up. Waited at the door to be seated for ages nothing happened so i asked the girl do we just seat anywhere she said yes, so me my daughter and my daddy chose a seat at the window and proceeded to queue for our dinner. Everything looked lovely i choose what i wanted on my plate and the girl asked would i like my gravey seperate i said yes and another waitress took my plate and walked over and sat it at an empty table at the other side of the room, then when we went to pay all the drinks where there didnt know the system for ordering drinks was it just help yourself and tell what you got but the bottles need openers to be opened. so i had to go and move my stuff over while my dinner was sitting on the other table i seen the same waitress walk about with my daughters dinner didnt know where she was going eventually she came to our table with it, and i asked her for my seperate gravy which never came and a jug of water all never came i had to go up and ask for the gravey a third time while my dinner was getting cold. never got the water had to ask for it again, My daddy stood at the upstairs bar to order a beer that never got, the food was nice but service let it down,

1  Thank Nicole E
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

We have visited here on numerous occasions with this time being the most underwhelming of them all. Maybe they had an off day last Saturday but you're only as good as the last plate of food you serve. On arrival we ordered some wine only to be handed dirty, water stained glasses which obviously required a little polishing or a better dishwasher. The food ordered was a chicken dish served on a warm plate but a side of wilted lettuce along with a bowl of lumpy champ. The chips at our table were horrible and tasted of fish and some were actually black. An extra bonus was the flies circling our food and table. The evening a la carte menu is also dated and is in need of an overhaul. Hopefully the next visit is better than this one, if there is a next time.

1  Thank homersimpson123
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Been made out to be the best place for food first time went starter was 4got about and drinks never came and few said it happened but my friends wanted to go here months later so decided to give it another go..Soup was cold tiny bit of bread..got a steak that was disgusting fatty and grisle over it...asked for a alcoholic drink and asked may i change it but got back 'too late they r poured'..from the optic bottle???..flies everywhere and then was told couldnt spilt bill..i laughed and said well you need to because we r paying seperate...was horrible and never be back.

1  Thank PUP89