“Anniversary weekend”

Canal Court Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Newry
Reviewed 21 August 2017

I travelled with my husband for our anniversary the hotel was busy but we were checked in really quick, went to our room to find on door a banner saying happy anniversary this was really nice touch. the room was amazing we staying in a superior suite and there was a corner Jacuzzi bath, spotless and bed was really comfy. we dined In restaurant also and the meal was superb service was really great. definitely will be back already planning a trip with the kids as the hotel seemed kid friendly also.. top notch..

Room Tip: we stayed on 4th floor and heard nothing great view over the canal and town towards mountains
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 93clare
CCHGM, Marketing Manager at Canal Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

Wow - what a fantastic review! Firstly may I take this opportunity of congratulating you on your wedding anniversary and thank you for staying at the Canal Court Hotel & Spa.

I am delighted you enjoyed our magnificent Superior Suite which is so relaxing and perfect for a special occasion. I am also delighted to read of your experience in our Old Mill Restaurant on our first floor, where you found the meal superb.

I do hope you return to the hotel again very soon and thank you for your feedback.

Marketing Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,036)

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Dropped in for a carvery lunch last Tuesday. I had the turkey and my wife the beef. The servings were large and nicely cooked. Served by very friendly lady chef. There seemed to be a discount for OAP's as the bill was less than expected.Even at full price the menu was very good value. I will call again next time I am in Newry

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

I am delighted you enjoyed your carvery lunch in our Granary bar and it is lovely to read that the service and food was excellent.

Thank you for choosing to dine at the Canal Court Hotel and hope you return again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

First time staying here in years and it's still one of my favorites. The staff at reception are always happy and welcoming. I booked an ambassador suite which had a small living area and hot tub in the bathroom. The room was very spacious and clean. It had a very old air conditioning system in the corner which only really cooled the living area down but it was fine. The bed was big and very comfy. The hot tub was a decent size but it took a few tries before the jets finally worked. One of my favourite things about the Canal Court is their carvery which I have had several times and again it did not disappoint. For only 9 pound you get a decent sized plate of food and everything was cooked perfectly. I will be back at this hotel and high recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Paul F

Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay in one of our Ambassador Suites and found the bed comfortable. I am also delighted to read your wonderful comments about our carvery in Granary Bar and it is fantastic to read that you have returned many times to experience it and which never disappoints.

I hope you return again very soon and thanks again for taking the time to review the hotel.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Excellent stay at canal court hotel. Got a midweek deal bed,breakfast and evening meal for approx 69.00 .Hotel staff are extremley helpful and pleasant ,the rooms are spacious and of excellent standard. We had access to hot tub and spa facilities as part of the package great facilities. Food excellent with good variety. The canal court is well situated for easy access to the town centre and shopping malls as well as public transport.Newry is a great wee town for shopping. Will certainly be visiting and staying in canal court again.

Room Tip: Stayed on 2nd floor with view of canal
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Canal Court Hotel & Spa. I am delighted you found the rooms spacious and to an excellent standard. It is also wonderful to read such wonderful comments about the food at the hotel. Our Old Mill restaurant situated on the first floor has an extensive menu and absolutely delicious.

Situated in the heart of Newry city, the hotel is the perfect city to shop with a short walk to either the Buttercrane and Quays Shopping centres as well as the local boutiques on Monaghan and Hill Street.

I do hope you return very soon and thanks again for taking the time in posting your review.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed here recently with my wife for four nights. The experience was excellent from start to finish. Check in was fast and friendly. Our room was large and very comfortable with an excellent bathroom. Everything was spotlessly clean. The breakfast which was served was generous and very good quality. The bar and restaurant food was excellent and reasonably priced. The bar was good fun in the evening with entertainment provided by visiting bands. We really enjoyed our visit and will be visiting again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

What a fantastic 5 star review - I am delighted you found your entire experience excellent from start to finish and enjoyed every aspect of your stay including excellent food, entertainment in our Granary Bar and the cleanliness and size of your bedroom.

I really hope you return again in the near future and thanks again for taking the time in sharing your experience.

Marketing Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newry
5.6 km away
22 km away
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk
16.1 km away
Ballymascanlon House Hotel

Been to Canal Court Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!