“In a league of their own at the Canal Court Hotel”

Canal Court Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Newry
Reviewed 28 August 2011

I was married in this hotel in 2005 and have stayed many times since and I am still impressed with each visit. My husband and I attended a friend's wedding there on Friday 26 August and it was absouletly beautiful. The Millers suite was decorated so elegantly, the food was 1st class as always, the toilets were immaculate and as for the staff, they are by far the friendliest and couteous hotel staff I have ever came across. Although it has to be said they have a great leader in the form of Miss Deborah Ferguson, General Manager, her leadership qualities shine through her staff and it is clear to see that they have the upmost respect for her by the way they carry out their duties....from waitress,barmen, housekeeping and front office staff. Keep up the good work, i endeavour to staff here for many years to come, fantastic hotel with a warm welcome, thank you Deborah & Staff at the Canal Court.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
DeborahNewry, General Manager at Canal Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2011

Many thanks for your lovely review & for taking the time to write it. We were delighted to have you both back with us and look forward to welcoming you both back many times in the future.
It is a pleasure to have you staying and we do hope you have many more opportunities to visit.
Kind Regards & Best Wishes to you both,
Miss Deborah Ferguson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,037)

Reviewed 17 August 2011

We stayed overnight on a Groupon voucher. We were checked in by a very friendly and helpful member of staff. The room was lovely and the bathroom very good. Although the hairdryer did not have much power this was a very minor point and certainly did not take away from our stay. The food was fantastic and plentiful and the restaurant staff could not have been more pleasant. Altogether it was a great experience and one that we would certainly repeat.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
DeborahNewry, General Manager at Canal Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2011

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay & I am delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time with us. We do hope you have the opportunity to stay again in the near future & if you would like details of our Special Offers including Winter Shopping Breaks please see our website or email me and I will add your details to our online mailing list.
Many Thanks & Kind Regards
dferguson@canalcourthotel.com

Reviewed 14 August 2011

After a long trip from Canada and being awake nearly 22 hrs at that point , I was standing at the bus depot , looked at the hotel and decided " I need some rest and need to stay here for the night" . Upon my arrival I went to the desk , asked if they had a room available with internet access. The room and service was fantastic, would recommend anyone passing through , stay there. You are treated like gold. Thank you for my stay and will be back sometime in the future. Didn't know there was a swimming pool area...

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo

Dear Guest
Many thanks for your review & I am delighted that you had the opportunity to stay with us during your visit to Ireland. I do hope you have the opportunity to visit again & we would be delighted to welcome you back.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 10 August 2011

Came to Ireland for a friends wedding and didn't know where to stay. Booked through late rooms.com. We wanted one with a pool and near to shops etc. So glad we picked this hotel as probably the best hotel we've stayed in and we are well travelled. Staff could not do more for you from receptionists to pool staff. Brekkie great, rooms huge, pool clean although be prepared to wear a funny swimming hat thats purchased for £1 each. We were only booked for 2 nights as we thought we would travel round but hotel so lovely we stayed the next two nights also and just had to travel furhter in the car to visit other places. The hair dryer in the room was good and there was also an iron and ironing board. There was also the well needed kettle and tea/coffee etc. We didn't use the restaurant on site so cant comment as we went out exploring alot and ate out but it looked lovely. All in all I would definitely reccommend this hotel to everyone, however Northern Ireland itself I was not that keen on due to the rain and in my opinion there was not much to see and do except Giants Causeway. But for us the hotel was perfect!!!

Room Tip: Front rooms - we had room 107 overlooking the canal (and unfortunatley the bus station - cant have i...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jellybean186338

Dear Guest
Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you with us and I will ensure your kind comments are shared with the team. I am sorry that the weather was not kind to you during your stay but if you do have the opportunity to revisit we would love to have you staying with us & will provide you with information on many great trips and places to visit in the surrounding areas.
Hoping to have you back in the near future.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 August 2011

We booked the Canal Court at the last minute for my birthday as they had an offer on. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left the service and attitude of staff was first class. We were given a room upgrade as it was my birthday complete with jacuzzi bath. The room was large and luxurious and the bed extremely comfortable. The meal was part of our deal and the staff were lovely, with the general manager even taking the time to come over and speak to us personally. After our meal, the staff brought out a complimentary dessert, complete with candle singing happy birthday, and the general manager showed us personally to the cocktail bar, where we enjoyed the ambience of this bar and exquisite the cocktails they had to offer. The hotel is beautiful, the staff are fantastic, and can't do enough for you. The hotel is well situated, only a very short walk from the two main shopping centres and shopping area. I had eaten there only a week previous to my birthday and the meal on that occasion was first class, and the meal on this occasion, if anything was better. It is a long time since I have had as good a meal. The restaurant was extremely busy, but everything ran like clockwork and staff gave us their full attention. This is one hotel that I will definitely be returning to, not only to stay over, but just for a night out as their food is fantastic. We have also been to a few weddings in this hotel, and it is THE place to go. Thank you again Canal Court - keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank julie97au

Dear Julieanne
Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us and I am delighted you had an enjoyable Birthday Celebration. It was a pleasure to have you with us & we do hope you have the opportuinity to stay again. If I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime on dferguson@canalcourthotel.com.

Kind Regards
Miss Deborah Ferguson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newry
5.6 km away
22 km away
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk
16.1 km away
Ballymascanlon House Hotel

Been to Canal Court Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!