“Totally amazing will definatley be back”

Canal Court Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Newry
Reviewed 21 July 2011

An amazing hotel. The staff were so friendly an helpfull. The evening meal was fantastic, we were treated like Royalty. The decor is beautiful. We had originally booked a double room an were offered an upgrade to Ambassador suite complete with Jacuzzi well worth the extra. I am so delighted with all aspects of the hotel the best I have stayed in, including the South of Ireland. 100 out of 100

Room Tip: we had suite 206 an it was lovely so peaceful
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
DeborahNewry, General Manager at Canal Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2011

Dear Guest

Many Thanks for your review and I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay with us in one of our Ambassador Suites. I will pass your kind comments on to the team who will be delighted to hear your feedback. We do look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future and we also have a Rewarding Loyalty Programme which gives you the opportunity to gain future treats & rewards. If you are interested in this please do contact me on dferguson@canalcourthotel.com and I will forward details to you.
Miss Deborah Ferguson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,037)

Reviewed 20 July 2011

I spent a night in the canal court with my husband and one year old on 11th July. From booking to check out the staff were excellent!couldn't do enough for us.also the food in the restaurant was as good as I've had in a long time.brilliant choice on the menu.
The cot provided was spotless and the baby blanket provided lovely and soft
The leisure centre was spotless and the staff so helpful there with the baby.
Overall a great stay and great location near a lovely selection of shops
We will be back

• Stayed: July 2011

Dear Guest

Many Thanks for your review and I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay with us. We do aim to ensure all guests have a relaxing stay and pleasant dining experience and I am delighted to hear your feedback, which I will ensure is passed on to the whole team.
We do look forward to your return to the Hotel in the near future and if you would be interested in our Rewarding Loyalty Programme please do contact me on dferguson@canalcourthotel.com and I will forward details to you.

Reviewed 19 July 2011

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in having travelled throughout all of the north and south of ireland. I would highly recommend anyone to take advantage of the numerous facilities this hotel has to offer. The staff are fantastic "dont come any better" and service and rooms are outstanding!!!!! Food also to a superb standard! Highly recommended!! Leisure facilites also extremely good! Do yourself a favour and book a room!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Many Thanks for your review and I am delighted to read your review and kind comments.
We do aim to ensure all guests have a relaxing and enjoyable stay and I am therefore delighted to hear your comments.
We do look forward to your return to the Hotel in the near future and if you would be interested in our Rewarding Loyalty Programme or if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me on dferguson@canalcourthotel.com.

Reviewed 19 July 2011

Canal Court is a four star hotel situated in the centre of Newry on the border of the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. The staff are courteous and friendly and recognise regular guests providing a prompt and efficient check in with well appointed rooms at reasonable cost. Food is excellent and a good variety is provided on the menu. The hotel offers special deals for those staying more than one night and does all it can to ensure comfort and rest.

Room Tip: Check out the deals on the website. You might need to scroll through all options before deciding whi...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I arrived at the hotel fully expecting to hate it because we were booked there after our flight was cancelled. When we arrived the staff was delightful despite being descended upon by a bus full of really frustrated travellers. The food was terrific, the ambience was lovely and the staff was friendly and helpful. On my next trip to Ireland I will be making a stop in Newry to visit this hotel again. If there is any criticism to be made, the rooms could use updating, but the bed was comfortable and the amenities were quite nice.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newry
5.6 km away
22 km away
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk
16.1 km away
Ballymascanlon House Hotel

Been to Canal Court Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!