“Pretty good food with some highlights and disappointments ”
Review of Bravo Live Cuisine

Bravo Live Cuisine
Ranked #24 of 131 Restaurants in Newry
Description: All you can eat Asian style buffet, serves all you can eat steaks and seafood during dinner service. Fully Licensed bar.
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Despite the name it's an eat what you like Chinese restaurant with mostly moderately ok tasting food. I was disappointed to find no duck & pancakes. I was equally annoyed to find there was no proper peanut satay sauce to have with the chicken satay starter. Five of us went in on a Sunday afternoon so it was £13 per adult; a price that warrants duck & pancakes and a proper thickly peanut satay sauce. The children's price is worked out depending on how tall a child is so you could have two children of equal age paying a different price. There was the usual two soups: a hot & sour one and a sweetcorn one. The soup bowls were really tiny. I tried the sweetcorn one and it was bland and over thickened with cornflour. There was one type of quite fatty pork rib, prawn toast, skin on chicken wings and cheese spring rolls. This combination sounded so awful it put me off but one of our party had quite a few. There are the usual suspects of chicken curry, the curry sauce was very good, a sweet & sour chicken, black bean with beef, a salt & chilli chicken. There was something called prawn balls, I'd prefer salt & chilli prawn, A stir fried vegetable , noodles, boiled and fried rice. The £13 also gets you cheap, poor quality sushi selection, with ok pickled ginger and wasabi that didn't have the kick I expected. The £13 also allowed me to pick a raw sirloin steak and warm water prawns which were cooked for me on a teppanyaki table. I chose a Thai massaman curry sauce here. I also chose some fresh vegetables to be stir fried separately. This was mostly pretty darn good but again the steak was alright, rather than very good. The dessert section was pretty poor tasting, cheap stuff including cakes, jellies, mousse, watery ice cream, haribo sweets all with the emphasis on sugar. The chocolate in the fountain is far too oily, which makes for poor tasting chocolate. That said they had fresh oranges, bananas, grapes and two types of water melon all of which I enjoyed. They have the decency to at least sell 330ml of coke when many places are now conspiring with Coca Cola to rip us off completely by having the gall to serve up 190ml bottles at disproportionate and outrageous prices. Tea and coffee is at an extra cost. The service was ace. A friendly bunch and the seating cosy. Borderline four star as I'm in good humour.

Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

Visited today for the first to have a bit of lunch with my father and whilst the sushi roles were a little bland and need jazzing up with some dips and the prawn balls were a little on the chewy side the rest of the meal was very enjoyable

Considering it was lunch time there was a great range of food, although I would have liked a little more in terms of fish options as in the main you had chicken or beef in various guises. It wasn't blisteringly hot in terms of temperature wise but was very tasty

Definitely very nice and would give it a try for dinner as they have other elements not on during the day

1  Thank Conor01
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

There was nothing bad at all about this buffet. They just opened and some minor errors are custom. The staff were very helpful and nice. I definitely recommend going here

3  Thank Ronan M
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

We were quite excited that an all you can eat chinese had opened again at the Quays in Newry, but our optimism was gone as soon as we went through the door.

First thing that met us was a sign that card payments could not be accepted - minor point and fair enough that all shops/ restaurants can have issues with their card systems, but this left us hoking in pockets to make sure we had enough cash between us.

Then we waited a long time to get seated. The guy at the desk seemed to not want to put the 2 of us at a table set up for 4, insisting that the waiting staff clear any tables for 2, despite their being a lot of tables free and not a lot of people waiting for tables (much to the frustation of the waiting staff it seemed). Eventually we were seated (at one of the tables for 4)!

Most of the food was average. OK but not fantastic with exception of the ribs which were very nice). Some of the chicken skewers were rubbery and the honey chilli chicken didn't have much chicken in it - should have been call honey chilli batter!

At no point were we asked if everything was OK by the staff. In fact we had to ask the staff to clear some of the build up of plates (as happens at all you can eat restaurants) from table! Issue seemed to be that thee wasn't one member of the waiting staff assigned to our table.

When paying on the way out, the same guy that had caused the seating incident at the start of the evening took the money but never asked if we enjoyed our meal or of everything was OK.

The paper place mats contained some information about the restaurant but even they had grammatical and format issues throughout - they were like something threw together at the last minute. Minor point I know, but for us this summed up the professionalism of the place (or lack of).

This is a newly opened restaurant, so perhaps these are all teething problems, burst unfortunately for Bravo Live Cuisine, Newry, first impressions last!

Needless to say we definitely will not be back in a hurry and we will not be recommending to friends and family. We felt ripped off at the £13.99 per head due to the poor food and poor service.

Positives: The ribs
Negatives: Everything else!

3  Thank DownBoy
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

It Was my friend lauras birthday and this place was brilliant. Food was class. Alex was very helpfull. Great night all round. Cant wait to go back. Alex keep up the good work:)