“Recharge your spiritual batteries”
Our Narrowboat 'Duckling' is available to hire all year round
View from the galley to the front The Dining and seating area, the table conveniently stores away to maximise space
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Our Narrowboat 'Duckling' is available to hire all year round
View from the galley to the front
The Galley
The magical Lancaster Canal
The mystical lancaster Canal
Beautiful evening on the Lancaster Canal
Sunset on the Lancaster Canal
Lovely little ducklings
Our boat basking in the sunshine
Lovely and cosy on a night time
The galley close up
Lighting
The wet room
The shower
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 16 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Gerard An...
“Recharge your spiritual batteries”
Reviewed 24 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

As a complete novice to narrowboating I really didn't know what to expect. My wife and myself found the welcome not merely warm but red-hot. June and Nick couldn't do enough for us and after assuring us (and themselves) that we could handle the boat off we went. At two miles an hour (my chosen speed) one has all the time to look around and actually see your surroundings. The biggest surprise is that everyone we met - with no exceptions - had a smile on their face! Being overtaken by little old ladies walking their dog has to be a unique experience, and is one that we would recommend warmly. We have already decided to come back next year and really can't wait. Everybody should take a break like this at least once in their lives. You won't regret a single moment ( even when you get soaked!

Your age range 50-64
Tuggy09
Kent, United Kingdom
“Excellent narrow boat and great value for money”
Reviewed 5 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Our first narrow boat holiday could not have been better. After much research I booked the Duckling Mon - Fri for £500 no extra charge for being in the school holidays. As it turned out what a bargain.
June and Nick were very welcoming, very professional and friendly. The boat is more like a floating palace, clean, tidy and compact - well it is a narrow boat! It has everything you could need with some thoughtfully touches - milk, biscuits, wine, flowers, DVD's, games.......
Everything on the boat was good quality, quilts, linen, towels..
As a first time boater Nick gave me and my two boys excellent guidance on the boat and showed us how to sail/drive it. No rush and nothing was too much trouble.
Plenty to see and do on route or stay on the canal and relax as we quickly preferred to do.
I would highly recommend The Ducking, June & Nick.

Emmie0906
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Chilled Canal Break”
Reviewed 7 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

This was our second canal holiday on the Duckling and once again it helped reset the balance from the usual rat race of our day to day lives. the canal life is certainly one worth experiencing.

I will start with the Duckling itself. Now to say I do not travel light is a total understatement. So was surprised that the Duckling had enough storage for the abundance of clothing, footwear and toiletries I travel with. Although you need to be realistic this is still a narrowboat, so if you are expecting several wardrobes for your evening gowns, a narrowboat holiday probably isn't for you.
The boat has always been immaculate upon collection and it amazes me how June and Nick have thought of everything. On both occasions there have been 4 adults on the boat and there has been ample room. One thing I do love is the shower, I have never been a fan of using the facilities and in this case you don't have to. There is a little kitchen area which is perfect for preparing a full English Breakfast before your days adventure.

The area itself if beautiful and the views are breathtaking. We started out at Tewitfield Marina and travelled up the canal stopping at a few of the local pubs for food and drink. We ended up at Lancaster and would recommend a visit to the Waterwitch.

We would like to thank June and Nick as this boat is an absolute pleasure to sail on.

Your age range 25-34
alder2017
Lancashire, United Kingdom
“Loved every minute!!!”
Reviewed 26 January 2017 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

We found our week holiday absolutely brilliant. I was a little nervous having never been on a narrowboat before, but I was quickly reassured and nurtured through the process of handling little ducklings, by the very friendly and capable Nick & June. We were delighted with the boats layout very spacious and comfortable with great attention to detail. It was a lovely surprise to find fresh flowers, biscuits, tea and coffee provided for us, it really did make us feel at home. We were blessed with beautiful weather, immersed in the autumnal changing season imbued the surrounding landscape with rich colours, which made for the most idilic sailing. We spyed some old kilns hidden amongst trees which then led us on a historical fact finding journey of the Lancaster canal. In between going for family walks with our dog to the nearby beaches we found our everyday stresses dissolved away leaving us totally relaxed which made learning effortless and fun followed with a whole lot of laughter. We also found a cupboard filled with current films and games which provided entertainment when we were just to tired and relaxed to do anything else. Thank you so much for such a wonderful experience. Your care was second to none. We will be back very shortly <3

Louise B
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Smaller than the pictures show”
Reviewed 6 January 2017 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

My husband and I had booked this boat to do a weeks holiday on the Lancaster Canal with our cocker spaniel and had planned lots to do along the way. However it didn't work out that way as we only stayed for 4 of the 7 nights due to space available on the boat and even that was too long. It is advertised as sleeping 2-4 people but the cabin bed was very claustrophobic and there was not adequate storage space for clothes and personal items. I contacted the owners to let them know we would be returning the boat early and there was no compensation for time lost which I think is really bad for a small family run business.

The only good thing about it was the weather which was nice while we were there so we could go out and about.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing