All reviews the cottages lancaster canal bedroom cottage function room canal walk fish and chips booked a table the pub bar area half price couldn t lovely room birthday party biscuits bank holiday lovely food wedding reception
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Well I'm absolutely over whelmed with how nice everything was we had afternoon tea that was perfect we stayed for dinner and had salmon and ribeye steak both cooked to perfection. .... top marks to the chefs . We stayed in room 1 was amazing cosy comfy clean and breakfast was the best ever couldn't of asked for anything else staff we helpful smiling always couldn't do enough . Definitely will be returning asap.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ross K, General Manager at The Longlands Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

When you posted this review, the chef was thrilled with your kind comments about his Afternoon Tea and then the evening meal. I'm very happy to read that you both enjoyed your experience here with us at The Longlands Hotel.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Lunch table for five booked over the phone with Francis. I live locally and even I didn't know that their lunch time menu was at half price. Now I don't think anyone disagreed with that and we all had different choices, two fresh meaty burgers, two vegitarian, (one pasta and one rice,) and a sea bass. A couple of side dishes. One bottle of wine for three...lovely big and clean wine glasses I noted. Two Bomber beers, one gin and strawberry? And the offer of free water for all. Total I think was £65...I wasn't paying this time. Not many in on other tables so our choices were delivered pretty promptly and by a charming young lady. Francis was on hand and never intruded, just seeing that all was going well.
Not often do I enjoy a dining out lunch as it is usually in a pub where there isn't too much concern on presenting food properly. This airy and spacious restaurant does it well. Follow up with a walk along the canal-side. Either south where the navigable Lancaster canal runs or north, ( under the road pathway) towards the defunct canal locks...an interesting walk and a little history of British Waterways.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

When you posted this review, It was firstly shown to Francis as your comments about his service are brilliant. I am so pleased to read that you have come and taken an unexpected advantage of our Early Bird offer and that everyone enjoyed the experience.

We look forward to welcoming you all back soon, hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Stayed for the "Lazy Sunday" deal & found it excellent value. First time here, really enjoyed the country pub feel & were both impressed with all 3 courses of our evening dinner. Would definitely book again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I'm pleased to read that you have come and enjoyed your stay here with us at The Longlands Hotel and that you enjoyed every aspect of the offer we have running.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

We went here with some friends who have been here several times. There were seven of us and most of us had pizzas. Three of us ordered the steak and blue cheese pizzas. I've never tasted anything so dry and tasteless in my life. Barely any cheese whatsoever, or even tomato puree on the top.The pizzas arrived with rocket spread rights across the top so that you couldn't see what was underneath. I now know why! Our friends said that they also thought the pizzas were poor compared to what they'd experienced on previous visits.I'm not sure if they'll go back again. Maybe as this is the only pub/restaurant close to their caravan park. I know I wouldn't. You can get better pizzas than this from Aldi for a couple of quid. Rip off!! I ordered a drink and the waitress just disappeared. Poor service as well as food.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I'm very sorry to read that you have had a bad experience here with us. When your review was posted, the chef was informed and he has then looked into the pizza chef working that night. It was in fact a stand in pizza chef, so we can only apologise you didn't experience a proper Longlands pizza and that you didn't enjoy yours on the night.
We rarely get complaints from our pizza's therefore, we thank you for you feedback.

I would love for you to come again and give our pizzas another go. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights from 23rd August and had a lovely break.
We took our dog Sophie with us and she had lovely treats to welcome her as well as a bed, dog bowls and a towel.
The room was very clean and comfortable.
We eat in the bar on both nights and Sophie came too. I chose from a large selection of Gins on Thursday and a bottle of prosecco on Fizzy Friday.
The food was so nice we both had fish on Thursday and pizzas on Friday.
We had a lovely breakfast on both morning and sat at a table in the bar area and again Sophie came too.
All the staff were friendly and made our stay enjoyable thank you.
A great location the canal is close by for a walk and the beach is only a short journey away.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello Jackie and Carl,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I'm so pleased to read that the two of you and Sophie had a lovely stay with us here at The Longlands Hotel and that you enjoyed our food for both breakfast and evening.