New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #6 of 6 Upper Hutt B&B and Inns
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Review of Motel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

I stayed in this property for four nights and on the first night of our stay the electric blanket caught on fire, burnt the bed and my arm. We were promised payment for medical expenses by one of the owners and upon leaving this never happened. I now have a huge amount of scars to my arm and have been advised by my doctor that there will be restricted movement in my wrist. Owners were a great help... but still not really good enough.
While the property itself is good, and the facilities reasonable from the prospective that myself, my husband and my three children could have quite easily been killed in thisr motel, on reflection I think that the quality of care received wasnt good enough. As I said on departure the rest of our stay was very good, but this doesnt take away from the fact that i will now have life long effects from a fire that happened at this motel whether your fault or the manufacturers fault, i am the one left with the scars.

Room Tip: I wouldnt stay here again, so not rooms.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Vicki M

Travellers are raving about these Upper Hutt hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Upper Hutt
16.4 km away
Champers Motor Inn
Champers Motor Inn
#7 of 14 in Lower Hutt

Been to Hawk's Inn Motel? Share your experiences!