“Review of Motel”
Review of Hawk's Inn Motel

Hawk's Inn Motel
Ranked #6 of 6 Upper Hutt B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I stayed in this property for four nights and on the first night of our stay the electric blanket caught on fire, burnt the bed and my arm. We were promised payment for medical expenses by one of the owners and upon leaving this never happened. I now have a huge amount of scars to my arm and have been advised by my doctor that there will be restricted movement in my wrist. Owners were a great help... but still not really good enough.
While the property itself is good, and the facilities reasonable from the prospective that myself, my husband and my three children could have quite easily been killed in thisr motel, on reflection I think that the quality of care received wasnt good enough. As I said on departure the rest of our stay was very good, but this doesnt take away from the fact that i will now have life long effects from a fire that happened at this motel whether your fault or the manufacturers fault, i am the one left with the scars.

Room Tip: I wouldnt stay here again, so not rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

0.3 km away
No photo provided
Matahari
#2 of 3 in Upper Hutt

Been to Hawk's Inn Motel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hawk's Inn Motel

Address: 704 - 706 Fergusson Drive, Upper Hutt 5018, New Zealand
Region: New Zealand > North Island > Greater Wellington > Upper Hutt
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool
Ranked #6 of 6 B&Bs / Inns in Upper Hutt
Price Range: €82 - €167 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Hawk's Inn Motel 4*
The Hawks Inn Motel is a Qulmark 4 star rated motel and is well appointed with 17 modern self-catering units which have kitchens, comfortable beds, gas heaters and electric blankets. All bathrooms are equipped with hair-dryers and some bathrooms have spa baths. All our units are non-smoking, but there are designated smoking areas. We have a guest laundry, BBQ and we are close to local shops, restaurants and bars. A free cot and high chair is available for use from the office, please ask when booking. The central courtyard of the motel has a fully fenced pool and spa pool which guests can relax in at the end of a busy day. All rooms have SKY TV including, SKY Movies, Sky sports 1 & 2, Sky News, UKTV, Prime and recently installed Freeview and wireless internet. There is ample off street parking available in the front and back of the motel accommodation. Guests can request a cooked or continental breakfast which is delivered to your unit. Guest check out is by 10 am and Check In is from 2 pm. A late checkout can be organised when checking in. The Hawks Inn Motel is located 30 minutes from Wellington City. We can arrange a shuttle bus if you require transport to and from the airport. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, LateRooms and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hawk's Inn Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.