“GOOD LUNCH”

Price range: US$7 - US$26
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The White Horse in Burnham Green is set idyllically in rolling Hertfordshire countryside. It boasts traditional beamed ceilings, open fires and a pictorial garden, complete with duck pond and weeping willow, all providing an informal backdrop to a wonderfully relaxed eating and drinking experience. Friendly staff are on hand to offer a warm welcome and serve traditional ales and a considered selection of wines. If you have a little time to spend, we’ll find you a table at one of several intimate dining areas and bring you some of our tasty pub food.
Reviewed 11 April 2018

Visited for the first time with friends following numerous recommendations - and was not disappointed. Friendly and helpful staff on a not too busy day and a wide choice of dishes on the menu. Cosy, split level restaurant area and garden area if needed! Despite everyone having different starters and main courses the service was prompt and the dishes hot, tasty and well cooked and appetising. Good value overall and I will be happy to go again.

Dan V, Guest Relations Manager at The White Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Hi Arthur

Thank you for your kind words.

I'm qlad you enjoyed your food with us at the White Horse and were well looked after on your visit.

I hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

A snowy Saturday afternoon, we had booked for an early dinner. Made to feel very welcome by a very polite and helpful young man, and a young waitress. Nothing was too much trouble. Food was really good, great pub grub, food nicely served and arrived quite quickly. Four of us and an18 month old had a really nice family meal.

Dan V, Guest Relations Manager at The White Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Hi Susan

Thanks for venturing out for a visit in the snow and thank you for taking the time to share your kind words, I will see that they are passed onto all of the team here.

I'm really pleased that you were well looked after and enjoyed you food.

I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Check menu is available before you go - I took my Mum out for a celabratory dinner. After receiving the menu but before placing order we were told the scallops were not available. After placing our order the waitress returned to say the chicken supreme was not available to order. After reviewing the menu again, I requested pie of the day - that was not available. I settled for a pricey fish and chips - greasy fish placed on top of the chips so the chips became soaked in oil. We had sticky toffee pudding for dessert but I think they were running low on toffee sauce! No apologies and not so much as a free coffee to make amends

1  Thank rosesnrings1

Hi

Thank you for your review.

I'm sorry that you had a disappointing experience. We aim to ensure good communication with our guests and so when items from the menu are out of stock, we like to inform you before placing the order. I am glad this was the case with the scallops but disappointed that the others were not communicated to you until after you had ordered. That is not how we like to do things here and I will make sure that in future we do better at that.

I'm sorry that the food that you eventually ordered was disappointing. We often get very good feedback for those dishes so I will make sure that quality is maintained at all times.

I hope we will see you again so that we have a chance to leave you with a happier impression of us.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Don’t go there! Used to be my favourite- good veggie option and lovely meat dishes. Now bland and uncooked risotto, over salted pate and petit fours which turned out to be chocolates from a box.., no toilet paper in the ladies, service not very attentive and they weren’t even busy. Disappointed.

1  Thank Laura K
Dan V, Guest Relations Manager at The White Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Hi Laura

Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to leave some feedback.

I'm sorry that you had such a disappointing experience with us. But this review will be used to help identify areas where we can improve as we go forward. We will be making sure we are more attentive, both to customers and restocking toilet rolls and other various important things like that around the pub at all times. We review our menus on a seasonal basis and will revisit recipes that come under criticism by our guests when we do, so hopefully our spring menu has some options more to your taste.

I hope you will come back then to try them, and give us a chance to show you an improvement in the White Horse.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

We decided to brave the cold and it was the right decision for different reasons:
• great food
• great service
• great roaring log burner
To name a few.
Thank you!

Hi

Thank you for your kind words.

I am pleased that we were worth braving the cold for and that you were well looked after and enjoyed your visit to the White Horse.

I look forward to seeing you again soon

Kind regards