“Snowy evening meal ”

Price range: US$6 - US$26
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The White Horse in Burnham Green is set idyllically in rolling Hertfordshire countryside. It boasts traditional beamed ceilings, open fires and a pictorial garden, complete with duck pond and weeping willow, all providing an informal backdrop to a wonderfully relaxed eating and drinking experience. Friendly staff are on hand to offer a warm welcome and serve traditional ales and a considered selection of wines. If you have a little time to spend, we’ll find you a table at one of several intimate dining areas and bring you some of our tasty pub food.
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

We decided to brave the cold and it was the right decision for different reasons:
• great food
• great service
• great roaring log burner
To name a few.
Thank you!

Dan V, Guest Relations Manager at The White Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Hi

Thank you for your kind words.

I am pleased that we were worth braving the cold for and that you were well looked after and enjoyed your visit to the White Horse.

I look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 28 February 2018

I went with a friend to this restaurant when the weather was extremely cold and snow on the ground. The welcome was warm both from the fire and from the staff.

Several pints of their own bitter each, followed by tasty starters and very nicely cooked well presented ribeye steaks. Service was attentive whenever required.

We had a most enjoyable evening which I would be very happy to repeat.

Dan V, Guest Relations Manager at The White Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Hi

Thank you for your review.

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us and that our Headless Horse Ale meets with approval.

I hope to see you again for your repeat visit before long.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

Don`t do it, that is all i should say, our food was cold wife had to leave her rib eye parts for it she could not cut best part of the meal us 6 had was the chips i wish we had never tried it, The 6 of us go to different places every month or so and we have never had such a bad meal, then just to add insult as we walked out of the pub 2 guys gave us verbal abuse

Hi

Thanks for leaving feedback.

I am sorry that your evening with us was so disappointing. We have vigorous quality control checks in place so that no food leaves the kitchen not up to the standard we expect, and certainly not hot, so I will work with all of the team here to make sure these checks are adhered to and being carried out properly.

I'm really disappointed to hear that you faced verbal abuse from other customers at the pub. This is very rare for us and unusual for our clientele. I will try to look further into that situation. Obviously it is something we do not tolerate at all.

I offer my sincere apologies that you had a disappointing visit to the White Horse.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Visited for lunch on a Saturday afternoon, Restaurant was busy so we seated in the bar.
Chose the Greek Style Sharing Platter which was outstanding, good choice of beers and wines.
Would like to return and further explore the Main Menu.
Several interesting theme night events advertised.

Hi

Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to share your kind words.

I'm really pleased you enjoyed your visit to the White Horse and that the food and drink were both good.

I hope to see you again soon, perhaps for one of our events.

Thanks

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

Just to echo what other recent reviews say. Slow to get seated. Slow service. Average food and slow to arrive. Portions on the small side. Prices definitely on the high side for what is essentially pub grub.

It's not that it's that bad, it's just not as good as it needs to be for what they charge.

It was like the zombie apocalypse when we went in, feels like it lacks passion to be honest.

1  Thank Patrick D
Dan V, Guest Relations Manager at The White Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear of the disappointing experience you had at the White Horse.

We continue to work from feedback on improving the standards of the food and value for money and have recently changed our menu to hopefully offer better value for money on Pub Favourites.

We always continue to raise standards of service and food and I hope you will join us again so we can leave you with a happer impression of us.

Thanks