“Afternoon tea”

Laura Kate Cake Boutique
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Welwyn
Price range: US$3 - US$23
Description: Laura Kate is a quintessentially English Tea Parlour. We serve light lunches, Afternoon Tea, Cream Tea, tea and cake and coffees. We also have crumpets, muffins and cheese scones available as savoury options. We cater for Gluten Free, Vegetarian and vegan diets.
Reviewed 22 October 2018

I was treated to afternoon tea at the weekend and what a treat it was.
Tasty sandwich fingers, 2 mini, light scones with cream and divine strawberry jam.
Meringue with lemon cream and a cupcake of your choice. What we weren't able to eat we were given to take home. My decaffeinated coffee was the best I have had.
I will be returning, in the not too distant future I hope.

Date of visit: October 2018
Laura K, Owner at Laura Kate Cake Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Thanks so much for a lovely review. So pleased you enjoyed it. Hope to see you again soon:-)

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

We visited as a group of 8 for a baby shower - lovely place with friendly staff and clued up on gluten free, which made me feel confident eating here as someone with Coeliac disease. Not only that, but the gluten free options were delicious, especially the scones! I will definitely be returning - the best gluten free afternoon tea I've had!

Date of visit: September 2018
Laura K, Owner at Laura Kate Cake Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Oh we are so pleased! Thanks so much for taking the time to say too x

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

I visited this cafe today with my friend. We are both vegan and I emailed in advance. They reserved us a table and there were 3 vegan cakes to choose from! We both had the chocolate cake. It was delicious.great service, a lovely tea room. And tea and cake was only £4.50! Would highly recommend!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

I have been here twice now. Once for a vegan afternoon tea (I’m not vegan) and the second time for a normal! Everything was amazing! I couldn’t tell the difference between vegan and normal it was all delicious! Thank you and I will be coming back again :D

Date of visit: May 2018
Laura K, Owner at Laura Kate Cake Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Oh thankyou so much for a lovely review...we really appreciate It! Hope to see you again soon. Laura and the team

Reviewed 10 August 2018

Went there with our daughter for afternoon tea. We were warmly greeted with only a slight mix up over our reservation which was sorted out straight away. We have been to many afternoon teas but thi is bar far the best with lovely cakes and delicious sandwiches.
Very friendly staff and would highly recommend a visit but book first as it only a small and cozy place

Date of visit: August 2018