“Really tasty food, great range of Asian dishes. Yum!”
Review of Chantek - CLOSED

Chantek
Price range: US$6 - US$39
Good for: Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Chantek is now closed and is being sold. Sales decreased dramatically over the past 4 months and it was impossible to keep going. Thank you to all our loyal customers during these years and I hope that we will find a person to take it over and restore it to its former glory!
Reviewed 17 February 2018

Had great veg and seafood tempura followed by chicken cahsewnuts and really good coconut rice, and a pad Thai. Want it again just thinking about it! Very attentive serving staff, great atmosphere, definitely be going back!

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

I really heckin love Thai food so I am always on the hunt for my next Thai food kicks and when we moved to Truro I thought I’d never replace Thai orchid.... I was so wrong and I apologise for my naivety. First time we went here we were amazed by all the vegan options. I’ve NEVER been this spoiled in all my years of veganism. They even have cider that’s vegan too so just, it’s like I made this place in my dreams. Also it’s weird, every time I go here someone I know is also here and they come to the table say hi... I’m gonna put that down to the fact everyone always wants to be here because I do. They also gave us free champagne (might have been prosecco I honestly don’t know anything about real adult drinks) on valentines. Their curry just, if I was on death row I’d be phoning up and asking if the prison is out of their delivery range. I don’t even know if they deliver but they do takeaway which I have done many times when I can’t be bothered to make myself fancy enough to match the interior of the restaurant. Also I like the waiters outfits, very cute.

1  Thank milbertg
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Having been to Chantek lots of times in the past I was very disappointed on this visit. Had the sharing platter to start, very greasy and not overly hot, plates brought over for the main course...then had to wait ages for our mains and by then the plates were freezing cold. I had the crispy pork which wasn’t crispy...more like soggy, my friend had the three musketeers and had to actually spit the pork out in to her napkin as it was pure grizzle. We went for a friends birthday (after I had raved about it) who had never been and all wish we had gone elsewhere. Spent £120 on the four of us and was left so disappointed. At no point did anyone ask if everything was ok and the waiting staff kept leaning across us rather than going behind us which was highly annoying.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

The food is incredible, best spring rolls I’ve ever had and the duck ones were freshly made on the same day. Waiting service was very lovely and professional from Olivia and Craig. Just an amazing evening!
Would highly recommend

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Perhaps it was an off day for the chef, but the food I had here bore no relation to the real thing. A tempura starter consisted of huge chunks of seafood and vegetables dunked in the thickest batter that ever graced a fish and chip shop, over-fried to a chestnut brown. The Teriyaki Beef was identical to a beef and vegetable stir-fry that you would get in any bog-standard Chinese takeaway. And all at hugely inflated prices that would be at home in Chelsea. Ignore the gushing testimonials and avoid.

Date of visit: January 2018
ChantekKinn, General Manager at Chantek, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Thank you for taking time to write a review. Obviously you have not enjoyed your takeaway from us. I apologise if the food did not meet our usual excellent standards. Would you be able to phone me at the restaurant to discuss these issues, so I can find out what went wrong.

Kindest regards