“Always eat here when going to Truro ”
Review of Coffee Traders

Coffee Traders
Ranked #16 of 192 Restaurants in Truro
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Description: Established for over 20 years Coffee Traders is set in the heart of Truro. We serve good honest food from traditional recipes to our head chefs home made specials. We pride ourselves on using fresh local produce and providing our customers with a warm welcome and friendly service.
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

I always eat here whenever I go shopping in Truro.

Being vegetarian, I always went for the Quorn burger - only place I have ever seen Quorn on the menu.

On this visit I noticed the Quorn burger was replaced with a deluxe vegetable burger. Initially, I was worried and I'm fussy with some vegetables. However, I was explained what was in it. After finding out there wasn't anything in it that I didn't like I went for it.

I was not disappointed. I will definitely stick to the burger on future visits. It comes with salad and a generous portion of chips. Which is good because I have a big appetite and I never leave feeling hungry :).

If I were to find fault in anything, it would be that on each occasion i have eaten here, a waitress has never asked if any of us would like another drink. Slightly disappointing but, I am capable of walking to the counter so not a massive thing.

Overall I would highly recommend this place if you like nice food, want to leave full and have value for money :)

Reviewed 22 June 2016

i would not go back to this here even know the food was great but the owner i think called andrew was so rude i would not go back because of him talks down to customers needs to sort his attitude out and learn how to treat people with respect would have been happy to pay for the food if it had good service with it so was exspensive

foodie1357, Owner at Coffee Traders, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Dear Darren,
thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant, I'm glad you enjoyed your food.
I think you have got the wrong impression of me though.
I can only assume that you think I am rude and have a bad attitude with my customers because you maybe witnessed a slice of my quality banter.
I have known a lot of my loyal customers for over twenty years, my sense of humour is very dry, do you think they would keep coming back if they thought I was ever being rude ?
Of course they wouldn't, so just to clarify, only a madman would speak down to his customers, treat them with disrespect or have any sort of bad attitude towards them.
If you come again, please be aware I maybe having some serious bantoff with my regulars, please bear that in mind if you are easily offended! !
Many thanks!

Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

I was out having lunch with my friends and my friend said we should go in to this cafe.... We walked in found our selves a seat upstairs... When we were finally able to order drinks I ordered a wine and my friend wanted the same... The lady asked if she could see my friends ID (fair enough) my friend had left her purse in my car so therefore didn't have any ID... No problem she settled for a milkshake instead! We wouldn't have been bothered about it had there not been a group of 16 year old boys sat there with bottles of Carlsberg in front of them... The reason I know they were 16 was because they were loudly discussing that it was their last day of school and when my friend then mentioned it one of the boys yelled across the cafe " I can my dad owns the place ". The lady at the till then tried to justify it by saying the boys parents were with them... They did not have any person above the age of 18 with them! Not impressed at all we got up paid for our drinks and left! I will not be returning again! Not a good first impression.

foodie1357, Owner at Coffee Traders, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2016

Hi there, sorry you didn't enjoy your visit to our establishment, please make sure you have your id with you if you come again.
Regarding my son and his friends having a meal and a beer at the same time you were there, the manageress is his Auntie and i was in the office upstairs, so effectively they were being supervised at all times, kind regards.

Reviewed 9 June 2016

We popped in yesterday as we haven't been on that side of Truro for a while. We don't use the "corporate" coffee chains as we like our coffee sellers to pay UK tax so decided to go into Coffee Traders and we are most glad that we did. It was very busy and all of downstairs was full but we were shown upstairs by a very polite Waiter and shown to a free table upstairs (which is a large open plan area with high ceilings). We were told that there was a 30 minute wait on food but given the fact that they were serving probably 60 people we said not a problem and I had a beer and my Wife had a glass (small bottle) of white wine while we waited for our order to arrive. The waitress that was handling the upstairs table was very attentive and knowledgeable in relation to the menu and we both ordered a light lunch. The food came in less than 30 minutes and was excellent. We ordered coffees and that too came very quickly and was better than your Starbucks or Costa and a fraction of the price! All in all we will pop in again next time we are in Truro as the combination of the staff, drinks and food made us write this on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 4 June 2016

Visited today on our shopping trip to Truro and was well pleased. The service and staff were perfect and the food hot and tasty. Breakfast was served quickly on hot plates and lunch much the same. You are made to feel very welcome and will return again.